What is the console command to see fps ingame?

Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
Tryed to google it but i had no success :D

Comments

• |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    edited March 2013
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    r_stats will show fps
    net_stats will show client tick rate or something along those lines, which is funnily enough the same as fps. Although I don't think it's equal to fps, it's just the same number.

I don't know if ns2 has a dedicated fps command like unreal engine 3 or source (yeah, source has one, I can't remember the command though, so I use net_graph 1).
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Pretty sure client tick rate is NOT the same number as FPS.

You're right about the commands though.
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Pretty sure client tick rate is NOT the same number as FPS.
    It more or less is, so using net_stats is an easy way to see both the server tickrate and your fps with minimal screen text clutter.

However, both r_stats and net_stats display much more than fps and annoyingly cover up the top left of the screen (the minimap). If you only care about fps, I'd suggest getting a program like Fraps (free version is fine) or MSI afterburner which can display a single/adjustable fps overlay on your screen.