NS2 website locks up computer during loading

McCheeseMcCheese Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172726Members
I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but frequently when i visit the main ns2 site, while the news and UI at the top are loading, i cannot do anything on my computer. It only lasts maybe 10 seconds, but it is still kind of annoying. I cannot click/right click anything or change the focus to a different window until the site is finished loading.

I use firefox ,and the addons i use are noscript, adblock plus(though disabled on this site) and flashblock, which requires a button press before flash players will load. I am not sure how much of this makes a difference, but more info is always good. I would guess one of these is the culprit.

I did an quick test pulling up the site on chrome(with no addons) and the lock up didnt occur, though it doesn't always occur for firefox either, so i may just continue to try it out on chrome every once in a while to see if it works.

It does not always lock up, so i am not exactly sure what is different when it does it vs when it loads/works as i would expect. Anyone else experience this?

Comments