Black Screen Crash on Load

KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
When I launch my game, I get a black screen and the crash report dialog. Verified my files through Steam, opted into 242 to see if that would shake things loose, nothing. What else can I try?

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Have you updated your drivers recently?
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    Updated them after this issue to see if that would change anything, it did not.
    Is there a way to delete any mods the game was downloading during it last being closed?
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    yeah, in %appdata%, delete the Workshop folder and you should be golden. (Also unsubscribe as well).
  • ChalarieChalarie Join Date: 2012-05-03 Member: 151459Members
    To delete your mods open the start menu and type %appdata% and open the Roaming folder. In there you will find a Natural Selection 2 folder and inside THAT there is a workshop folder. You can delete the entire folder and when you open the game up the next time it will redownload all of the mods you are subscribed to. If you end up pinpointing it to a specific mod you have to unsubscribe from the mod then delete it from the workshop folder or else it will just redownload every time you delete it. Hope this helps and keep us posted!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Need more info such as comp specs and your log file (log.txt in the appdata/natural selection2 folder).
    edited March 2013
    Deleting the workshop folder removed the issue, thanks for the help guys!
    The problem has returned, and deleting the workshop folder no longer allows me to play.
    Any ideas?