Alien Vines

AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
edited March 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
You know the "wines" that the hives hang on? Wouldn't it be very cool if some of the evolutions could actually "make" them? (Like you shoot a rope from one end to the other, allowing skulks to use them to run on)
This idea could possibly be built on. Suggestions?

Comments

• WoollySammothWoollySammoth Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183062Members
    I had an idea sorta like this. Giving skulks a spider's silk like strand that they can shoot from one wall to another to walk across, the marines would break it when running through it, but it would slow them down for a step--so could be a really 'weak trap'. But then I kinda figured it wouldn't add that much to the game. It might be a cool idea, but it's not really addressing anything that's needed, or adding anything meaningfully new.

:p
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    Would be nice if we could get an entire new evolution that... essentially is a spider/support class.
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    for the spider-like new alien life-form look at this thread http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2058937/#Comment_2058937
    also it VINES not wines and its not vine-like its more like a tentacle
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    Haha, my bad. I am glad people didn't think I was talking about adding alcohol ... :P
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    Akimoto wrote: »
    Haha, my bad. I am glad people didn't think I was talking about adding alcohol ... :P
    I'll fix it real quick also to stop confusions from people coming into your thread, reading just the title and reading it as "whines" with all the consequences that might come from that ;)