NS2 IPv6 Server Connectivity Test

-pANIC--pANIC- Join Date: 2013-01-13 Member: 179295Members, Reinforced - Gold
edited March 2013 in Server Discussion
Hi guys,

I have a dedicated NS2 server running on an IPv6 connection and I need some help to test connectivity.

Here are the details:
IPv6 Address: 2001:470:b:aad:7d5b:e524:c465:a0d4
DNS name: redpill.jon.za.net

To connect it's easy, bring down the console and type:
connect 2001:470:b:aad:7d5b:e524:c465:a0d4
... if you're into sado-masochism

or
connect redpill.jon.za.net
... if you prefer easy mode like me.

I'm really not sure if this will work but consider it a fun experiment.
If you are able to connect please post a friendly message here to let me know :)

If you don't know what IPv6 is, take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. If you take the red pill, you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes :P

Comments

• unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    Hi -pANIC-

Have you only just registered that sub domain?

I am unable to get to it on DNS name and I cba to type the IPv6 address in. thats the trouble with v6, too flipping long.

Unter
  • -pANIC--pANIC- Join Date: 2013-01-13 Member: 179295Members, Reinforced - Gold
    DNS should have been propagated worldwide by now. Maybe try again this weekend sometime.
  • throttlethrottle Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22776Members, Constellation
    Neither works. The game returns 'Couldn't establish a connection with the server' pretty much instantly. Running tcpdump on the firewall show that no ipv6 traffic is egress (my other ipv6 traffic is fine and dandy).
  • -pANIC--pANIC- Join Date: 2013-01-13 Member: 179295Members, Reinforced - Gold
    throttle wrote: »
    Neither works. The game returns 'Couldn't establish a connection with the server' pretty much instantly. Running tcpdump on the firewall show that no ipv6 traffic is egress (my other ipv6 traffic is fine and dandy).

Sorry the server has been down for a few days. I'll get it up and running soon.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Whatever happened to IPv5?