Simple change, large effect and happiness: dropped Ammo Packs issue

deathst4rdeathst4r Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19365Members
Hello UWE, hello community!

I talked to a bunch of players and they see it like I do:
It is so absolutely annoying and frustrating that if you are requesting an ammo pack from the marine commander and you have your pistol selected, if the comm drops the ammo pack on you, you only get pistol ammo.

Especially when your rifle is totally empty and you are hearing skulk clanking shortly before an important encounter and you don't want to be totally defenseless... drawing your loaded pistol instead of holding an empty rifle is a good idea.
But ammo-pack-wise you are totally getting punished, if you have that pistol selected when getting in touch with the ammo pack, especially when things are fast-paced.*

Simple suggestion: Let ammo-packs restock both primary weapon and pistol ammo.

Someone came up with the idea of a priority check on the ammo pack, i.e. you receive the ammo pack and then there is a check:
- If your rifle is totally empty, you get 4 rifle clips and no pistol clips.
- If your rifle has 1 clip left, you get 3 rifle clips and up to 1 pistol clip.
- If your rifle has 2 clips left, you get 2 rifle clips and up to 2 pistol clips... and so on.

This small change would be so great.
I hope, the right people will find this little thready in the dense and gorgy webs called forum. :)

Best regards,
deathst4r

*) Imagine an absurd situation like this:
"Commander, I need ammo at Deposit."
"Sure."
"But please don't drop it on me."
"What?"
"My rifle is empty and I have the pistol selec-"
*ammo drop on marine*
"Argh! Could you please drop another ammo pack?"
*sigh*

Comments

• Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can get behind this idea. However, I can not get behind an idea that has been previously mentioned of fully restocking every weapon's ammo.

/signed
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    My old suggestion, in the scenario of an immediate to just after ammo drop, the ammo picked is allocated to the weapon with which the ammo request was made.

This eliminates the pistol issue I have constantly, which was outlined above.
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited March 2013
    happened several times to me as well.
    correct me if im wrong, but i remeber having 3full pistol clips, the 4th beeing filled and not getting the remaining 3 into my empty rifle.
    i should at least get the full 4 clips i recon.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    yeah, this is definitely annoying right now