Complete uninstall - what am I missing?

SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
I'm still having issues with being unable to start a server or use explore mode. I've done a few uninstalls, but I don't think I'm 'getting it all out' before reinstalling again. What I've done first is completely disabled Steam Cloud, which was a pain in the ass. (With cloud enabled, I went through and individually disabled cloud on each title in my library, then with that done I disabled cloud in Steam settings. After a restart I no longer get Steam sync messages, which I - hope - means I no longer am getting potentially bad data back from cloud.) After disabling cloud I went and unsubscribed to the single mod I use. (and deleted ClientRegistry.blob)

When I 'delete local content' for the uninstall, I still have to go and clean out remnants. In particular I delete the following folders:

...Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2
...AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2

Am I missing something? When I reinstall I still have my binds set to how I have customized them before the uninstall. Cloud is disabled, and the folders are gone, so where is this coming from? Another folder? Registry entries? Steam Cloud?

Comments