Need some information/guide/other

IkeIke Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183661Members
Hello everyone !

My name is Ike and Im new (here)
I play ns2 since february and I have a lot of fun =p

I apologies for my english, its very hard to write and explain myself correctly.

Firstly, I need some basic and advanced guide for commander Alien/Marines
I would like to improve my knowledge in this area.

2) Do you have some replay of excellend fade or Lerk. I have a lot of difficult to use it.

3) The pistol and mine are "light damage type" ?

And finally
How much time does it take 5 marines (with rifle) to destroy a hive ?
Which way is the best to take down a hive without arc ?
The fastest way without arc ? 5 sg ?

Dont be rude and thank you in advance.
Ike.

Comments

• MrNihilMrNihil Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183524Members
    I will be rude.
    1) Try searching youtube - it has lots of various tutorials and gameplays, try watching them for tips and tricks.
    2) Same as 1. Youtube is source, try also watching videos in tutorial in game. Run game, click tutorial, watch videos
    3) No idea, but as far as I know, they pack a punch and can be deadly when used properly.
    4) In theory its 3 to 5 seconds. But in practice its from 30 to 1 minute assuming you are not interrupted and hive is not being healed by gorge/crag/mist.
    5) best way: Pack whole team with flamers, welders, exosuits, jetpacks and let them carnage, dont forget medpacks and ammo packs and scan.
    5a) Fastest way: Exos + flamer and nade marines.

But! It all depends if hive is defended or not, mature or fresh or under construction, crags, gorges and skill of your people and enemies. You need to analyse situation and what is best to finish hive. Sometimes its just few marines with shotguns, others are forwarded base, arcs, exos and attack from both sides.

I helped as I could, hope it will be useful :D
  • IkeIke Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183661Members
    Thank you for your response^^

I will search on youtube. I was just wondering if the Marine could instant-death the hive/alien base with a good Diversion.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Ike wrote: »
    Thank you for your response^^

I will search on youtube. I was just wondering if the Marine could instant-death the hive/alien base with a good Diversion.

Lots of ARCs and shotties lvl3 could make that happen
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Actually I was just watching these videos which you might like:

Fade

Lerk

Both are covered in very good detail.

Hopefully they are what you are looking for.
  • IkeIke Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183661Members
    Yeah, its very interesting :D
    Ty for the links :p