Requesting server admins from in game/closer server steam community functionality

BigDBigD [OldF] Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1596Members
Something I played with on a counterstrike server way back in the day was an admin mod thing that people could request an admin. So, say a reserve slot holder needs an admin to come in and lay a smack down on some idiot or the server is broken in some way, the res slot holders could do something like "ADMIN HELP thensomemessagehere". This particular implementation only messaged to an IRC server, but in those days being in IRC was pretty normal. I find it kind amazing that Steam never implemented a closer relationship between admins and servers in their client, it seems so obvious a thing to do. Anyway, thought this idea might be something to discuss at least. Thoughts?

Comments

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Right now you can not even add a server to your fav list from within the game without relocating it in the server list, let alone identify a steam community page relating to it.

As for IRC I think something could be done via a mod for that, possibly ask about it as a feature of DAK?