Are they going to fix skulk movement?

BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
I think I read that it was bugged.

Which element of it is bugged? Anyway, skulk movement has been destroyed.

I've a read a lot of "yeah well you need to learn how to ambush" comments (though not directed at me - this might be my first comment on the issue) but I can't help but feel these are written by shills who will see no fault with the game whatsoever or people feigning superiority. When I watch a Nexzil Virsoul's stream (and he is better than most of you, including me) and see the whole clan complaining about the movement then there I feel the "L2P"-esque comments need to chill.

I just got done playing (and by done what I mean is this: I went on the alien team because they were decimated the previous round and about 8 minutes in everyone had ragequit so I left too) and I had two very good ambushes that I recall vividly.
1) Just outside overlook, on the way to skylights, a marine came out, I dropped right behind him and got the first bite in easily. I don't remember if I got the second bite in, but what I do remember is him jumping over my head and killing me after I flailed around like a brick.
2) Between Topo and Control I ambushed a marine who did the same thing.

To compound: The Comm chose Shift hive first (bleh) and SHADE hive second. Well we already know shade hive is generally the weakest but with the nerf to camo it's even weaker. As an aside, will they buff shade to make it more compatible?

Now I'm not the best player and I agree that aliens needed a nerf, but with hit detection drastically improved the speed nerf is a killer.

I've watched the invitationals and though I seem to have seen EVER SO SLIGHTLY more marine wins it's not enough to go on. Public servers on the other hand...........

PS: I am not hating on the game - I love it and want to see it be the best it can be.

Comments

• MrChokeMrChoke Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 174990Members, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    What is this talk of a skulk movement bug? I haven't seen any bug or heard of any. There were hitbox changes. I guess there was also something where skulks can't jump around your screen in a blur, landing a bite every second and giving aliens a 70% win ratio. Do we want to call that a bug? Not me.
  • NoxZANoxZA Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159814Members
    edited March 2013
    Known bug that skulks lose all momentum as soon as they touch the floor.
  • Kei-chanKei-chan Join Date: 2013-01-20 Member: 180898Members
    edited March 2013
    MrChoke wrote: »
    What is this talk of a skulk movement bug? I haven't seen any bug or heard of any. There were hitbox changes. I guess there was also something where skulks can't jump around your screen in a blur, landing a bite every second and giving aliens a 70% win ratio. Do we want to call that a bug? Not me.

Please don't turn this into another one of those threads. There's no need to become defensive, we all enjoy the game and want to see things ironed out and running smoothly.

Yes, there is a bug in which skulks do not inherit their momentum upon hitting the ground, causing wall-jumping to be entirely worthless at this time. If you search through IronHorse's posts, you'll find he's commented on this several times with a more detailed explanation (complete with videos) about what they changed and what is broken.

Anyhow, I keep hearing that there will be a hotfix on Monday, but that could just be a rumor.