Does anyone have the proper NS2 shortcut icon?

WonderWafflesWonderWaffles Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166137Members
I don't have one and I was wondering if there was one

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I just created my own, going to the steam folder and slapping the NS2.exe around a bit...

"\Steam\SteamApps\common\natural selection 2\NS2.exe"
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's actually something that they need to fix. I don't have to manually set my icon for most of my other Steam games. NS2 is one of the few with "no icon" on the created desktop shortcut.

Obviously this is the most game-breaking bug of all time though, it's like you can't even start the game if it doesn't have an icon and then it breaks all your immersion, if you know what I mean...
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    I wondered about that...
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Missing shortcut icon might actually be the cause of low performance. Imagine launching a game and it's struggling to find it's icon. It looks everywhere on you pc, every archive, it even tries to brute force protected stuff...
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I swear if they fix that icon, people will be happier with the game balance as well. I mean, how can the game be balanced without a desktop icon?
  • RainyCaturdayRainyCaturday Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183202Members
    This has always bugged me.. The steam icon for it is so gorgeous.