Build 241 Changelog Wishlist

nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
edited March 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Build 241 Changelog Wishlist:

Added:
- Current map name written in the tab menu in-game.
- "Apply" button in Settings performs an animation to indicate that it was pressed.
- A beacon animation on the map to indicate to the commander which player has made a request.

Change:
- Walls are no longer rendered in commander view.
- Made cloaking fully transparent when still, and only partially transparent (more so than it is in B240) when in motion.
- Rolled back to the previous Skulk speed.

Comments

• BigTracerBigTracer Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174169Members
    Thanks! That's usefull.
  • Kei-chanKei-chan Join Date: 2013-01-20 Member: 180898Members
    I'm confused.

Is this some sort of wishlist for what you want to see in 241, or did a patch release and I just didn't see it?
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Nothing in the news, twitter. This thread is BS.
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    i wich the skulk speed will return again
  • nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    I thought the word "unofficial" would indicate that it isn't real...obviously not.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    the way I read "unofficial" was a patch was rolled out but official-blog-twitter-w.e patchnotes weren't released, so you saying what you've noticed.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I altered the title and moved to I&S since that's essentially what this is. (Plus confusion was clearly happening).
    edited March 2013
    I put "fake" in there now just to clear things up. Not sure why so many people are flagging it though. I guess people didn't realise the intention of the thread.

I'm just listing things I'd like to see in the next patch that can truly make the game more enjoyable. Most of those I've been talking about for months. I command a lot and the commander hasn't receive much change since release. The walls for example are unnecessary - they make it difficult to select power nodes, require extra rendering, make it harder to place cysts, and look messy because they aren't fully rendered in some areas. They also don't help in understanding the map.

Edit: Thanks Insane.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    Here's my list:

- Performance improvements
    - Babbler improvements, price increase if needed
    - Marine commander dual exo and railgun t.res drop
    - Shade Ink fix vs ARCs
    - Adren, regen and camouflage improvements (Not up to par with cele, cara and silence)
    - Alien spawn system rework
    - Gorge webs and JP improvements
    - Alien third hive ability buffs (Xeno, Vortex in particular)
    - Marine and alien comm can no longer 'scout out' opposing team's positions by looking for visual or sound effects in the fog of war

Longshot ones:
    - Onos and Fade pre-req research or tied to hives
    - Sentries reverted to NS 1 glory, keep hardcap but get rid of ridiculous sentry battery
    - Longer early-game phase, i.e slower progression for both sides
    - More depth and strategic variety for the alien commander.

A man can dream... I'd throw so much money at UWE if even half of these things became a reality.
  • BigTracerBigTracer Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174169Members
    Rellik_pt wrote: »
    i wich the skulk speed will return again

Only initial acceleration got nerfed, not the overall speed.
  • rook2pawnrook2pawn Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64552Members
    Lava Falls is totally broken. When you spawn as marine in Smelting, and aliens spawn Conduit, you can just shoot down the hive from across the map with your LMG
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I need the descent train model with open doors so I can drive with it in my Eem mod!
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I need the descent train model with open doors so I can drive with it in my Eem mod!
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    as most things have been mentioned, i'd like to also see the doors usable again and ability to weld them and for onos to break them down
  • ManwichManwich Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182715Members
    Does camouflage not make you 100% transparent while you are standing still?
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    Xarius wrote: »
    - Adren, regen and camouflage improvements (Not up to par with cele, cara and silence)

Adrenaline is better than celerity for Fades, Leap Skulks, and arguably better for both Onos and Lerk.
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    Manwich wrote: »
    Does camouflage not make you 100% transparent while you are standing still?
    does for me, not sure what some people are saying but camo is really good still
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    Xarius wrote: »
    Here's my list:

- Performance improvements
    - Babbler improvements, price increase if needed
    - Marine commander dual exo and railgun t.res drop
    - Shade Ink fix vs ARCs
    - Alien spawn system rework
    - Gorge webs and JP improvements
    - Alien third hive ability buffs (Xeno, Vortex in particular)
    - Marine and alien comm can no longer 'scout out' opposing team's positions by looking for visual or sound effects in the fog of war

Longshot ones:
    - Onos and Fade pre-req research or tied to hives
    - Sentries reverted to NS 1 glory, keep hardcap but get rid of ridiculous sentry battery
    - Longer early-game phase, i.e slower progression for both sides
    - More depth and strategic variety for the alien commander.

A man can dream... I'd throw so much money at UWE if even half of these things became a reality.

agree with almost everything said here, i would also love to have most researches much slower, why does it take a shot gun to research in like 10 seconds? whats the point of research time if you dont have to think about what to research first? i mean lets say im pressured flame throwers or grenade launchers and i need to make a decision in 5 minutes, i know! why not both in under a minute or 2? it should not be this way i want to think what would be best 5 minutes from now and i can only have 1 until the next 3-4 minutes or something
  • Flash8798Flash8798 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182814Members
    agree with almost everything said here, i would also love to have most researches much slower, why does it take a shot gun to research in like 10 seconds? whats the point of research time if you dont have to think about what to research first? i mean lets say im pressured flame throwers or grenade launchers and i need to make a decision in 5 minutes, i know! why not both in under a minute or 2? it should not be this way i want to think what would be best 5 minutes from now and i can only have 1 until the next 3-4 minutes or something

The researching model implemented in NS2 where only one upgrade/improvements/weaponry may be researched at a time reflects the model used in NS1. And besides, the model you're referring to is permitted already by the marines, but is rarely used in the case of weaponry. You'd probably be more familiar with a marine commander building two arms labs and researching armor and weapons upgrades at the same time, then once they have them both at 3, or even one at three, he recycles the now-redundant arms lab. This also applies to weapon research, but is less frequent due to the general consensus that it is more economical and efficient to 'not' have two Advanced Armories, as this takes a lot of resources and time to perform.

The only time I generally see a second or third advanced armory is during the sieging of an alien hive, where the commander needs quick access to advanced weaponry to his troops during the fight, but this is rare for obvious, phase-gate related reasons.
  • rakzrakz Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164315Members
    - Rolled back to the previous Skulk speed.

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited March 2013
    This games needs to desperately to roll back to the previous '50% of team needed to eject commander' concept.

This count appears to have been increased to 75% with the latest patch and this is just awful as terrible commanders no longer get ejected as not enough of the team are bothered or know how to vote.

I was in a few games this morning that i was forced to simply leave because there wasn't enough votes to kick the crap commanders! (about 50-60% as the votes was achieved each time).

If you're that worried about of an unfair eject, you can put protection in by allowing 5 minutes to pass before the vote can be cast.

Personally i never ever saw any abuse or unfair ejecting in my many games of NS2 over the last couple of months so i don't understand why there was a need to increase the count past 50% in the first place.

Another thing that needs to be done is making rookie mode compulsory (if not already, i saw in the options it could be turned on and off) and only allows rookies to join rookie servers as i'm sick to death of playing with them.

Surely rookies need to be with their own kind until they have learned the game and are able to join the experienced players?

I'd also suggest making the new video guide tips whilst spawning be turned on by default for rookies but turn off once the rookie status has been removed (they are highly annoying), thank god you gave us the option to disable them in settings!
    edited March 2013
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    Another thing that needs to be done is making rookie mode compulsory (if not already, i saw in the options it could be turned on and off) and only allows rookies to join rookie servers as i'm sick to death of playing with them.

I actually suggested this a while back, but the response was that the devs don't want to split the community. I also suggested making the rookie status be based upon the number of points accumulated (since that promotes doing useful tasks), rather than playing for 4 hours. One doesn't go from rookie to non-rookie in 4 hours.