The Lerk Change: Smoke Trails on Spikes

124»

Comments

• tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    I see no one mentioning their delay, either. Am i the only one noticing this and who finds it to be a distraction when moving my spikes onto a target?

to be honest i don't even notice the spikes when i'm playing lerk... maybe because i use alien vision more often than not, but i think i just pay attention to the marine and ignore the eye candy.
  • PimpToadPimpToad Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166005Members
    If the Lerk can shoot you then you can it. Finding where that Lerk is hiding and killing that Lerk is rather satisfying. Can't find the Lerk and your team is being suppressed? Well that Lerk is doing a great job of harrassing and denying your marines a specific area.

Satisfaction on hunting Lerks aside, it looks like Shade got yet another nerf for some reason. I haven't tried it yet, but does camo at least hide the tracers for the Lerk? Camo is pretty much useless unless you're camping so at least give that to the Lerk.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2013
    Kinda miss ninja spiking exo's on my own. To see them looking around frantically, figuring out what the hell is hitting them, is just priceless. :)

But I can roll with the change. I think the tracer effect is just a bit too much though.
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    Having played with it a while I think the effect is a bit over the top but a good addition.

2 cents.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    I'm fine with the tracer on spikes, but it lasts too long right now. It should only be a briefly visible wisp of smoke so you can see where spikes are coming from, not a dense smoke trail that floats in the air for ages after the Lerk stops firing.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Calego wrote: »
    This by no means makes a lerk less effective as a harasser, in rooms like Central on Mineshaft where there's so much room to fly around, I'd say it actually makes harassing more effective. The marines know you're there and will keep sending more and more away from the front until they either kill you or you leave. Myself and another lerk kept something like 3-5 marines running around Central trying to kill us for a good portion of the battle. You've just got to play it smarter now, faster.

That makes no sense. just because of the smoke marines know you're there? How about before when damage from spikes alerts the Comm, players, and eventually things get destroyed? They didn't know you where there when those things happened?
  • Marshall_DrumminMarshall_Drummin Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174115Members
    I think the devs intended for lerks to be able to use perching in combat. The tracers effectively diminshes perching to a mechanism for hiding under a floor. As you have all probably noticed, aliens are having a very tough time early-game in taking and holding resources, since the skulk and lerk double nerf. The devs should not have given in so easily to criticism, as this game has not been out for a year yet. Aliens are supposed to be able to hide, and perching plus skulk wall climbing are the only lifeform specific abilities the aliens have to hide. It makes no sense for the devs to put their hard work in the trash like that. Just let the players who complain about it get some more experience with the game, it hasn't been out for very long.

I totally disagree with tracers on lerk spikes.