More railgun exo questions

GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
These were not answered in the trailer announcement...hoping for some insight.

1) Does the railgun do heavy damage? I notice that a fully charged shot does 200dmg to aliens, 400 to structures (if I'm not mistaken). Railguns do structural damage. Double dmg vs structures, normal dmg against anything else, so armor will halve it (ie. a normal lerk has 125/50, which is 225hp).

2) When an alien is highlighted in blue, does this mean that the railgun is on target, or is it simply a new thing for the supposed motion tracking thing that exos are supposed to have?

3) Any chance of allowing railgun exos to hold a fully charged shot indefinitely, or for at least a few seconds longer?

4) Lastly, will we see dual railgun exos in the future?

Comments

• TimariusTimarius Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171220Members
    Let me go copy and paste from another thread.

The railgun is structural damage, 50 damage a shot, an extra 150 damage for a charged shot, two second charge time, one second cooldown between shots. If you charge up for two seconds, you have one second before forced firing.

In my experience, if it's blue, it's going to get hit.

Holding charged shots forever or any longer would be a bit insane. Wait for a Fade to cross your sights and instagib.

Dual railgun exos are a possibility, but I think they're unlikely.