Standard to deluxe edition upgrade: Now available!

SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
edited February 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
You asked for it. You begged for it. UWE listened!

Standard to deluxe edition upgrade is now available on Steam. Wouldn't it be a great time to purchase with the upcoming 50% off special to coincide with Gorgeous? I think yes! :D

Why are you still here? The store is that way -->

Comments

• XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I wish they'd make the deluxe armour stand out a little more tbh. The black one from the special edition is a good example of something almost everybody wants when they see it.

Also, most of us already got deluxe from preordering.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2013
    Just to avoid some confusion, Deluxe has this armour. not the no longer available black Spec-Ops ;)

SpecialArmor_Render2_400x225.jpg
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    edited February 2013
    Sadly, deluxe is barely noticable unlike the spec ops guy that looks like an elite marine who is about to whoop some butts :D
    p.s. do deluxe upgrade include the gorgeous update trailer music?
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    no reason to buy this the armor doesnt look good and the extra i dont realy care, maybe the soundtrack but besides that not worth
  • TailorTailor Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13927Members, Constellation
    Made this a while ago for reference.

E2gIQ.jpg
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Tailor wrote: »
    Made this a while ago for reference.

E2gIQ.jpg
    Damn, I regret not pre ordering that game to have black armor... Please santa... :)
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    yeah if the black one was the one on sale i m sure lots of people will get it but the deluxe one is so crappy :P
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    Yeah if they sold the black, I'd pay $20 for it. Without the game. inb4 judgement, I can afford it no problem.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Yeah, I bought the game one hour after the preorder time ran out because I was still trying to convince some guys to get a multi-purchase bundle. So I basically payed UWE already more than the preorder guys and got less out of it. I can deal with it, but I am not buying the upgrade now for a skin that is uglier than the default one. :)
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    the black one is too 'flashy' for that... if the majority of ppl had access to it, then it would lose appeal and look kinda dumb.

i like the deluxe version... just enough subtle differences - doesn't have such a dorky face (or at least dorky eyes are hidden) :p
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    not this kind of thread again....
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I had a preorder and didn't get my deluxe edition :(
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    xen32 wrote: »

yeah..... me too........ :p
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Are you sure? You should have received TWO keys. That was a bit confusing since some people didn't enter the second key to unlock the armor. Try going here, enter your email and see if you get keys. If they send you keys, try using the "Activate a product on steam" link in the Games menu at the top of your client.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Savant wrote: »
    Are you sure? You should have received TWO keys. That was a bit confusing since some people didn't enter the second key to unlock the armor. Try going here, enter your email and see if you get keys. If they send you keys, try using the "Activate a product on steam" link in the Games menu at the top of your client.

I think you are talking about black armor? Because I thought you get deluxe with your steam preorder (which I had).