Oculus Rift

2»

Comments

• bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited May 2013
    I don't think NS2 is likely to gain VR support any time soon. That is a lot of work for relatively little gain. So few people actually have Rifts... and they have better things to spend their time on :)

Maybe in a year or two... :)
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Shaker said:<br />
    Something cockpit based would be amazing.  A space fighter, flightsim, mechwarrior, etc would all work fantastic as your body wouldn't feel as jarred when it sees its sitting in a seat.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Check this out, an Eve Online themed fighter game for Oculus

Your link is is for this page.

Also, CCP is making a tiny sim element that's being tacked on to their game.
    The dude who made the Wing Commander games and Freelancer etc. is making a new space sim game from the ground up with Oculus support called Star Citizen. It looks effing pimp-tastick, it's also almost half crowd funded, which is pretty amazing in it's own right. They have currently raised just over 9.8 million dollars.

• WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited May 2013
  • sjusju Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184042Members
    I'd prefer performance be increased so it's a playable game with recommended specs before someone spends time on a 'feature' that is about as necessary as chocolate is to being a material for a teapot.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    True Fact: Hugh has no shirts but the NS2 shirts.
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    sju wrote: »
    I'd prefer performance be increased so it's a playable game with recommended specs before someone spends time on a 'feature' that is about as necessary as chocolate is to being a material for a teapot.

Considering the modability of the game I'd hope someone could get it working without a huge outpouring of the Devs own time. That's what makes communities like ours rad.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited June 2013
    It's sad the lead engineer passed away. It shouldn't spell the end of the project, but I think that would cut projections a bit :(

EDIT:http://mashable.com/2013/06/01/oculus-rift-andrew-scott-reise/