Vent entities

whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited February 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
First: vents are awesome. No denying that. You can hide there, have a little babbler barbeque! I dream about maps made completely out of vents. But, you know what makes vents even greater? Additional uses!

No way! That Marine is climbing in here. Let's make this a game. Bite that pipe and generate some smoke/hot steam for a while that hurts!

Ah, electric cables! Bite them and let the room lighting blink for a second and get a shock by them everytime you touch them!

No way, they know im in here. Let me spawn some babblers waiting for the marine scum.

Oh noes! They are firing grenades in my little secret hole! Can't find the switch that closes the vent!

So you marine scum follow me inside this vent to rub my gorgebelly? Have fun. Activating the airlock inside here.

Space is dangerous! Bases are made by humans! Human error generates much hurt! This game needs -1hp entities that boosts darwinism! This game is called natural selection, right? People tend to become serious cat while playing the game. Give them a reason to laugh about themselves, when they go the wrong way in the vent and end up in a meatgrinder!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Lt. LizardLt. Lizard Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167595Members
    edited February 2013
    Oooh, I like this idea! It sounds like something that can be a lot of fun. But rather than being Alien-centric I think that it has a potential for both sides:

Hear scuttling in the vent? Shoot the power battery at the side of it, and laugh as you hear sizzling of skulks being electrocuted by overloading electricity!

Gorge decided to be cute, and created a gorge fort in a vent with intention to bilebomb your base from safe spot? Flick a switch and watch as the vent hermetically seals itself and poor gorgie and her clogs are thrown out of airlock into the cold, cold void!

Are you suspicious that the vent near fuel line may be a breeding spot of skulks? Throw a grenade in there and all your worries will be seared away by raging inferno that scourges the vent clear of any alien filth!