Spark editor crashes(Not Responding) if I load NS2

QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
edited February 2013 in Mapping
Hey guys, hope someone can help me, tried to do a little search around by didn't find a solution.

Basically, I can be mapping away, I launch the game so I can get a look how its all looking inside the game.
If i then alt tab or even completely quit NS2, my spark editor is stuck at not responding.
I don't even have to load a map though, If i just start the game as in in the menu, then quit, spark is stuck at not responding.

Granted I have never left it very long to see if it comes right, maybe 30 seconds, I just close it and re-open my map.
I have noticed from watching streams though that others don't have this problem.

I keep the spark launch pad open BTW if that helps.

Anyone else have this issue? or know how to resolve it.

Comments

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yeah, the Spark Editor gets tuck for me too when I start the game. I've just grown accustomed to closing the editor before testing a map.
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    edited February 2013
    Ok that didnt work at all, Still locking up. sorry :P.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Try it windowed, lessen the chances of crashes when you alt-tap.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    mine does the same thing, but i find that if I leave the game running and alt-tab instead quitting, then it doesn't crash. its also much faster when you are testing little fixes since you dont have to reload the game, just reload the map.
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    Yeh, Playing in wondowed and ant tabbing seems to work