Publishing Failed...

MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
edited February 2013 in Mapping
Anyone else getting this?

It worked ok a few months ago and i haven't changed a thing since the last update, i did occasionally get the odd fail but it always worked the second time i tried, this time im having no luck, also im not sure if this is related but the launchpad is showing a blank error page "301 Moved Permanently"?

Comments

• xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Not working for me either. I want to rage.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    More likely the workshop is down. Give it a few hours or even a day. then try again.
    Still not working for me. Keep getting publsh failed.
    Anyone have any luck publishing anything? Haven't been able to publish for a few days now.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    I just tried again and it looked like it was uploading this time but still failed...
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    while I did get the 301 moved permanently I managed to get somthing published
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    Tried again today and it's definitely doing something, the network light flashes and it's taking longer but still fails, i've tried a few different content servers, are uwe going to do anything as the publisher seems to have a few bugs for some?
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    I had no issues publishing last night for the first time. Make sure you don't have a firewall or anything messing you up.
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    The only time I had persistent trouble publishing, a launchpad + steam restart fixed it.
    If anyone cares, I had to create a new workshop item. Its really a shame because the old one had a lot of visitors :(
    I really don't want to have to do that, hopefully they'll take a look soon if it doesn't fix itself, like i said it seems to be uploading a bit but it may be timing out or something, i did get the odd fail before but it always worked when i tried again.
    edited March 2013
    Is anything going to be done about this?

Also the launcher is still showing "301 Moved Permanently" after the update, i had hoped this would be fixed by now.

I was just thinking it might be possible to upload from another computer but exactly how does that work, like when you have more than one person working on a mod, do i just need the same folder name and files?
    Well i reinstalled steam and ns2, i set things exactly as before, same folder names and files, published was successful, great, except it's been uploaded as new and didn't update the original, what a joke, exactly how does one tell the workshop you want to update after doing a reinstall or moving to a different computer?
    I've wondered the same, but I don't think there is a way to do so. Which is pretty shitty in my opinion. If it's the same user & workshop name why wouldn't it update the original?
    This seems like a pretty serious workshop issue, how often will these problems happen where someone has to reinstall and can't update a broken or old mod, we should get something done about this, what i don't get is surely there's something telling steam it's the same thing when we normally go to update otherwise we would end up with loads of versions, i hope the devs see this and try to help, either with an update to the publisher that allows updates or they ask steam to sort it.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I am not sure if this is related, but lately I tried to test spacejump and after subscribing, the game tried to download four spacejump mods at the same time and the game didn't get over 0%. Had to unsubscribe in order to use ns2 again. Did you publish the map a few times?

And yes, I also hope there is a solution for this soon.
    I am not sure if this is related, but lately I tried to test spacejump and after subscribing, the game tried to download four spacejump mods at the same time and the game didn't get over 0%. Had to unsubscribe in order to use ns2 again. Did you publish the map a few times?

Nope, check my workshop.

I did update it, but that shouldn't mess up anything. In my workshop files there is just 1 copy.

Last night the map would not have functioned and right now it will only function with EEM until Combat is updated (should be in next day or so, code is done).
    Magneto wrote: »
    This seems like a pretty serious workshop issue, how often will these problems happen where someone has to reinstall and can't update a broken or old mod, we should get something done about this, what i don't get is surely there's something telling steam it's the same thing when we normally go to update otherwise we would end up with loads of versions, i hope the devs see this and try to help, either with an update to the publisher that allows updates or they ask steam to sort it.

The workshop is a POS. I was upset, but then jambi made the front page again and has a lot of views again. So oh well.

I kept the original steam folder as a backup, so i just ran the publisher again and im getting the same fail message after what appears to be uploading, nothing new is created and i think it's trying to update the original again.

Do uwe provide much support because id really like to get this sorted and really it will only cause more issues later on with mods if something isn't done.
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    I had the issues with publisher all the time. Usually it helped trying publishing for several times. Also sometimes it wrote publish failed, but the Workshop item was updated.

The issue how to reconect your fresh NS2 instalation with your Workshop files is discussed here
    edited March 2013
    Thanks although i deleted the old id which had around 3000 subscribers, im not sure how much it would have helped as it was failing all the time no matter what i tried by that point, though it should be useful for anyone else who gets this problem or needs to reinstall.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    You didn't have to delete. I always have publish failed and it's based on the text field where you add the description of the mod. Just re-edit it in different combination until you find what works. After that you edit it in the workshop on steam for the proper information regarding your mod.
    You didn't have to delete. I always have publish failed and it's based on the text field where you add the description of the mod. Just re-edit it in different combination until you find what works. After that you edit it in the workshop on steam for the proper information regarding your mod.

I would give this a try. Though, I tried putting many different combinations and it still didn't work. The workshop is definitely buggy. Before deleting your mod, I recommend creating a new mod with a different name. If that works, then you might have to delete yours.