What you can expect from the Gorgeous Patch

12346»

Comments

• AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I really thought the infestation will now share the same graphics as the gorge tunnel, guess not :/

bit disappointed.
  • BetelgeuxBetelgeux Join Date: 2011-10-28 Member: 129902Members
    Hi,

This update sounds good, but I'm still just waiting for the "welding doors" feature to be finally implemented which was partially finished in alpha back then. I think its just me, but being a veteran player (with ns1 too), the game in it's current state is not entertaining for me. Its just a constant running around DM like in quake or unreal tournament. There is no way to defend for marines, you cant fortify or block routes. There are no frontlines, and you can't think strategicly because it is too easy to evade and reach point thru numerous routes. And now even with the tunnels it's even more easy to infiltrate background areas. I remember that in NS1 you could defend chocke points with lots of turrets very well, and there were not that much routes, so you only needed to focus on 2, maximum 3 chockepoints to defend. And thinking about how to lay out those fortified points and where to defend, and how to penetrate it was the core fun and entertainment in the game (as for me for sure). I thought the door welding feature was ment for that, but only there was not enough time in the alpha, beta period to finalize the feature. Now, I dont see any word about that. How is that?
    Anyway I will definetly get back into the game if somehow the game-flow will evolve and be more thinking oriented then brute-force teamDM/Domination. Until that I can only hope for the better..
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Betelgeux wrote: »
    Hi,

This update sounds good, but I'm still just waiting for the "welding doors" feature to be finally implemented which was partially finished in alpha back then. I think its just me, but being a veteran player (with ns1 too), the game in it's current state is not entertaining for me. Its just a constant running around DM like in quake or unreal tournament. There is no way to defend for marines, you cant fortify or block routes. There are no frontlines, and you can't think strategicly because it is too easy to evade and reach point thru numerous routes. And now even with the tunnels it's even more easy to infiltrate background areas. I remember that in NS1 you could defend chocke points with lots of turrets very well, and there were not that much routes, so you only needed to focus on 2, maximum 3 chockepoints to defend. And thinking about how to lay out those fortified points and where to defend, and how to penetrate it was the core fun and entertainment in the game (as for me for sure). I thought the door welding feature was ment for that, but only there was not enough time in the alpha, beta period to finalize the feature. Now, I dont see any word about that. How is that?
    Anyway I will definetly get back into the game if somehow the game-flow will evolve and be more thinking oriented then brute-force teamDM/Domination. Until that I can only hope for the better..

Have you experimented with Armory Blocking yet? It has been used to great effect even in competitive matches.
  • BetelgeuxBetelgeux Join Date: 2011-10-28 Member: 129902Members
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Have you experimented with Armory Blocking yet? It has been used to great effect even in competitive matches.

Hi!

Well about 4-5 month ago, when I was still playing with the game I remember people doing that. But somehow it seemed odd for me in the game. I would not want to do something like that. Why do you have to use something which was not meant for that? Someone designed, textured, coded that armory and now we are using it as a roadblock?
    If the theme or design does not matter just the goal, then we could just play with untextured primitives (cubes, toroids, spheres etc.) and it would be much easier to produce games and they would not need a good gpu or cpu. So the armory should be an armory, and for roadblock there should be some kind of specilaized shield or block item, or welded doors or whatever which was designed for that purpuse. But thats just my opinion.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Armories heal the guys behind it, thus making it awesome ;)

I wouldn't mind a welding system either. Might come around eventually, who knows. It's not exactly a deal breaker for me, though, and calling NS2 simple deathmatch without door welding is a bit unrealistic.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I believe everything is in there for doors, etc. I imagine the problem becomes balance and game flow.

• ExoskelettExoskelett Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175509Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    welding some vents especially skylights .. hmm thats what i want to see actually :D