Votekick option?

BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
Some guy in fail masters UK named fumiste keeps running into the cc at the start of every round, building stuff and then recycling it, wasting time and res, for a good couple of minutes before he is ejected.

"SO GET AN ADMIN TO DO IT"

Well if that was so simple I wouldn't be posting this suggestion. You don't always have time to find out who the admins are and why should you have to waste your time doing that anyway? You play games in your spare time - it's called "spare" for a reason.

As with the concede option, there should be a votekick one.

If you disagree with me, then let me know why. If you agree, you should also post...

Also please remember I play on public servers, so don't comment about this if you're only playing on pro servers (competition or whatever).

Comments

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I would like it for the afk; I would rather have team-auto balance than afk's at the start of the game.

However, with its potential to be exploited, I imagine 75% of the team or something must disagree, or even members of the opposing team also. (I hope they would be sporting enough to help with afk).

And, you are also right about admins, it's very hard to tell who one is, maybe give him purple text or something?
  • MistersporkMisterspork Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183004Members
    edited February 2013
    Yes, votekick would have been very helpful in a few situations I've been in. Once, three rounds in a row the alien commander built 3 whips around the starting harvester at the start of the round. All three times we immediately conceded. Thankfully the fourth round we had an awesome guy step in before he could do it again, and the troll left that round. It would have been nice if he was gone the first round, because that was a waste of almost 30 minutes. There was also, on the same server, someone named "Captain" on the marine team who kept telling the aliens exactly what we researched when we researched it. Heck, after two rounds of that crap I even asked if it was possible to votekick, with a resounding "NO" that really surprised me.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I had to just leave the server because two French guys would just troll people. Introduce a votekick please, creators...

Everything has a potential to be exploited - I take your point, "dragonmith". But conceding could be exploited, as could recycling (and it sometimes is).

But I think the benefits FAR outweigh the downsides. When it comes to conceding, most of the time I agree with the it. I mean what is the probability you get that many trolls on any one team anyway? pretty low. Usually there are no more than one or two.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    In my experience in other games, votekick has only been helpful a small percentage of the time.

70% of the time, nobody votes and the lone troll stays.

10% of the time, it's a group of trolls and they abuse it.

20% of the time, people actually grow a brain and vote yes.