Show me the worst game you've ever been in

2»

Comments

• ChrisAUSChrisAUS Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172108Members
    To be honest it is frustrating to comm a bunch of people who don't really know what they are doing and don't listen. The worst I find are people who I assume have been a part of winning teams previously but don't understand why, so they constantly ask for things you can't actually give them all game.

But it's so goddamn fun when you can comm a bunch of rookies to a win. The best pub game I've ever been involved in was after the steam sale.

Refinery, I joined the game 6 minutes into it as alien. No commander with Tres at about 80. I jumped into comm and the first thing I saw was a gorge running in solo to marine base like he was an onos. Haha!

It's about 15 minutes into the game, the marines have most of the map and seemed to be abit more aware of how NS2 worked than the alien team I was comming. I hit TAB and realised we had people on 50+ res and asked if anyone wanted to go fade or lerk etc etc. Alot of the responses over mic were asking me 'How do I do that?'

After explaining alot of crap like how to build as gorge, how to evolve into higher lifeforms and how to select upgrades like carapace the team became one huge battle unit. Literally it was so fun to command them. Once they got the hang of things they basically did whatever I said religiously!

"Ok guys, we need to take smelting...remember press C for your map, find smelting and attack that area"

5 seconds later I would have a huge train of aliens all running towards smelting. Skulks, gorges, lerks and fades, eventually onos! Sure, it meant we lost some territory on the other side of the map but damn, when they were all chatting on the mic about the things they had killed and asking me what they should do next!

We ended up losing the game, the marines were too far ahead but we put up a huge fight and the team was having fun the whole time, especially when they managed to take down an exo or two.

Those are the kind of people you want to help out as much as you can. Sometimes I get angry during games, when I'm in the field and that happens I'll generally just leave. But IMO the more people that end up sticking around and wanting to learn the game the better.

I think people will have better stories when they talk about the best games they have been in to be honest. :D
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    I'm so sad that you lose in public games with randoms. Stop complaining, grow up, get some friends to play or make some friends in the community and have some fun playing. Right now you just did the opposite by making this thread. Lets all point and laugh at yuckfoo and the others for complaining about losing in a game.

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Half the people in this game don't have a mic, of that number, one in five listens to voice chat.

The rest ignore waypoints, ask for Exos 5 minutes into a game, and generally screw things up.

I'm really glad I don't play on the servers you do.

I'm 100% serious. I'd be miserable.
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited February 2013
    yuckfoo wrote: »
    Too much irrelevant, erroneous chatter does not help the game at all, not to mention kids who have not yet hit puberty spamming voice is just plain annoying.

I think activision hired a team to your server and filled the mic chat with responses you'd get in one of their games' playerbase...
    Children's
    Daycare
    ...To slander our image.
    They know our greatness is something they they could never achieve, that if as many people knew about this game as they do theirs, the choice would be obvious.

They're afraid of us.
    ;)
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    My worst experiance in memory was one of the few times I've tried marine command. Now I'm not very good at that and didn't exactly expect to win but that's not really the point. The issue with this game was that for almost 20 minutes despite my pleading my team did absolutely nothing but fruitlessly attack nano. One guy actually managed to go down to pipe which was completely undefended and set up a phase gate, but not a single other team member phased through and we lost it soon after.
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    yuckfoo wrote: »
    Too much irrelevant, erroneous chatter does not help the game at all, not to mention kids who have not yet hit puberty spamming voice is just plain annoying.

I think activision hired a team to your server and filled the mic chat with responses you'd get in one of their games' playerbase...
    Children's
    Daycare
    ...To slander our image.
    They know our greatness is something they they could never achieve, that if as many people knew about this game as they do theirs, the choice would be obvious.

They're afraid of us.
    ;)

Haha yeah man no doubt. I see what you did there.
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    Any game where the players are more interested in being funny than winning. Any game where the team talks too much; I can't hear the damn skulks or marines.