Improved 'nade launcher

WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
edited February 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
I don't like the current GL, I just going to pitch some ideas. Either as a straight buff or research upgrade.

Idea 1: Make grenades explode on direct impact of a target. (maybe reduced damage)

Idea 2: Controlled detonation, you can shoot a nade and detonate it, other wise it will explode when it's timer (Ex.5sec) runs out. (w/m2)

Idea 3: Is it possible to make them deal additional damage vs structures?

Idea 4: (if it doesn't) Make it deal heavy damage.

Other ideas? Feedback?
Edited*

Comments

• Spiker101Spiker101 Join Date: 2012-03-16 Member: 148869Members
    edited February 2013
    I actually kind of like the first option. However you should be able to use the right mouse button for one of the 2nd option. I say 70% of the time you are trying to hit something around the corner thus if you can only explode on contact it is actually worse :)
    Edit*actually on second thought Idea 1 would be very OP, giving skulks and gorge no chance to dodge. If implement it should get a damage nerve-like 70% damage if you use impact detonation.

Idea 2: Kind of hard to use. GL is meant to deal as much damage as you can then fly out. Not some precise mine like weapon
    Idea 3-4: just tweaks.
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    idea number 1 is already in the game in the form of if a nade lands on a skulk it will explode on impact, it is in the game last I checked and you know what? I think its really dumb imo, I had a situation where I was biting a marine twice he naded me in the face I died from it, and even though he was right in front of me he survived his own nade,

I also did it to a skulk once and I think I took roughly 40 damage from it, he died I lived, laughing at how dumb it was
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    They already detonate on impact

They already do double damage to structures
  • Spiker101Spiker101 Join Date: 2012-03-16 Member: 148869Members
    idea number 1 is already in the game in the form of if a nade lands on a skulk it will explode on impact, it is in the game last I checked and you know what? I think its really dumb imo, I had a situation where I was biting a marine twice he naded me in the face I died from it, and even though he was right in front of me he survived his own nade,

I also did it to a skulk once and I think I took roughly 40 damage from it, he died I lived, laughing at how dumb it was

I think he meant detonate on impact on ANYTHING. Not just alien/alien structure. Also most of the time I see marine try to nade a skulk coming at them they end up nading themself to death lol. (Also try to nade onos in the face the reverse would happen) :)
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited February 2013
    Combined with the impact detonations there could be a toggleable saftey mode where the gun won't fire if the marine is in the projected blast area. And of course you could turn it off via a right click. (visual notice on the gun like a lit LED or something)

and i did mean hitting anything
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    Suggested this a couple of times: holde right mouse button to charge up grenades. The longer the charge, the faster the grenade is launched. Fully charged grenades detonate on impact (on anything). Fully charged grenades could take out whips, although slower, since charging takes time.
    Fully charged grenades should automatically fire, since running around with a fully charged grenade all the time would be devestating for alien ambushes.
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited February 2013
    I can't but help but think of the similarities between our ideas and the demoman's launcher from tf2.
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    its the good old hit detection then, because today i sent around 12 nades trough an onos and all of the nades went trough it :)