Power node idea

MancunienMancunien Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 32941Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi folks !

I'm not used to post suggestions, and, maybe this one has already been done, but maybe I could add up some ideas.

I'm posting about the power node, and, more precisely the base (marine start) power node.
I think, the marine start power node is "too weak", it can be destroyed VERY FAST be a double bile-bomb gorge rush.
Of course, you can defend your power node, and, a good commander can manage this, no questions asked.
Still, the whole game can be turned too fast, too easily by a good bile bomb rush and, I know you all experienced that. (I mean, even a nanoshield on it doesn't protect you that much).
I was wondering if it would be possible to tweak the base power node by (these are exemples)
- 150 % base life
- +30% resist to bile bomb
- activating a "glyph" making it invulnerable for 2 seconds (with a long cooldown, like 5 minutes and a big ressource cost ~10)

Nota bene : this would be only for the marine start power node (so not for other power nodes in the map, hive included) and, only in FFA (it could unbalance CW or be useless, I don't really know, I only have a CW experience in NS1)

Do you think his could be a good idea or not ?

See you IG,
Mancunien

Comments

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    It's got to the point where I'd consider any buff to marines a good idea, but I don't think this is the answer- see other thread on alien economy.
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    It's got to the point where I'd consider any buff to marines a good idea, but I don't think this is the answer- see other thread on alien economy.

I tend to agree. I think they key is more announcement that the power is going down. Like fix the commander's announcer to report the attack 100% of the time, or give the entire game a heads up: everyone gets a %health announcement on Hive and Comm Chair health when under attack, well the power node (at marine bases at least) are just as important so why not announce them.