Teleglitch

ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver

Telehack is a SF post-experiment-gone-horribly-wrong roguelikeish top-down fast paced shooty game. It's the kind of game in which eating a tin of canned meat give you an empty tin, which you can then use as a weapon or craft into weapons, armour or gadgets. The inventory and crafting interface is so efficient it hurts. Graphical style is faux-pixelated, with really funky colour tearing effects around weapons and the titular teleglitches. There's a demo, and it's pretty damn sweet. I've finished the first level once. Shizzle's hard yo.

I crafted a block of explosive, some nails and an empty can into a "cangun". I wasn't sure what it was or how to use it, but when I did it felt like the birth of a god.

--Scythe--

Comments

• CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    That reminded me of Silent Hill combined with Metal Slug and Half Life 1, if it ran on some kind of hyper-modded overclocked multi-processor Commodore 64.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    I've been playing the demo a lot but I haven't bought the full game yet, partially because I am stingy and poor and partially because I haven't beat the demo.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    This seems like a ton of fun!
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Intresting how IE which I pretty much only use won't load ns2stats.org, had to go to firefox to load it.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    edited February 2013
    Yea, Interesting how the least standards compliant browser, for all of it's existence and up to IE 10, the bane of web designers everywhere, doesn't work? Funny how that works.

Also, what's that got to do with this awesome game?
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    I think he meant to post in the website feedback forum thread about IE playing silly buggers with formatting. Somehow it ended up here. I don't quite know how to move his post over to another thread...

--Scythe--
    Scythe wrote: »
    Somehow it ended up here....
    Probably a bug in IE.
    =P~
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Played the demo, and wow it was good. Pretty much an isometric version of the old DOOM games. I wish it wasn't so pixellated though, since reading the environment was pretty hard.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition is out on steam now, and free to purchasers of the original Teleglitch. I haven't played it yet, but if it's anything like the original it'll be grand.

--Scythe--