Flicker lights when power node is under attack

SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
It seems like a lot of marines are slow to react to a power node attack. Why not flicker the lights map-wide when a Tech-Point node is under attack? It would look cool and give an even more obvious warning.

Comments

• HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Flicker the lights on the entire map each time when any power node is under attack?

That's a recipe for unstoppable seizures.
  • YnxYnx Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182625Members
    edited February 2013
    I think he means the area the Power Node is providing power to.

Edit: I think that would be a cool idea provided that it isn't obnoxious and seizure enduing. Adding another visual moment of tension, maybe you can increase the flicker intensity as it gets closer to being destroyed.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    Flicker the lights on the entire map each time when any power node is under attack?

That's a recipe for unstoppable seizures.

Only on Tech-Point nodes that marines currently own should cause map-wide blinkages. Less important nodes can flicker for that specific region.

• w3st420w3st420 Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72615Members
    In every room if the power node gets attacked the lights dim. It already happens, just need to have marines have their map open more.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    More immersion, hold me.

If you didn't notice the flashing red circle, the weird asian sounding chick spamming "Your building is under attack", your comm pinging, someone has probably typed it...

If you're not checking your map every 5-10 seconds there's no helping you, you deserve everything you get.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Occasionally there is no text+voice notification of the power node under attack. I don't know if it's a bug or intentional. However, I do manage to catch most of them by smacking the map key, but by the time I tell other people about it, it usually goes down. Flickering lights would be cooler and "extra," if you will. Of course if the flickering lights is not enough, there is no excuse....