Let's start using #ns2.search more

semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
edited February 2013 in Competitive Play
I would like to think that the game is growing, and that more teams are starting up and playing competitively. The problem is that there is no way to tell since there is no centralized place to find scrims. We all spam each other on steam, and that works for a bit, but it's really hard to work that way when you have a new team, or don't know about every team that exists.

So, I'd like to propose that we start using #ns2.search more. Swalk mentioned it in his latest news post on ENSL, but it was buried at the end of a very long post, so I really doubt many will notice. If you don't want to install an IRC client, or are not experienced with IRC, then just use the web chat available on ns2hub (http://ns2hub.com/scrim). Go there, spam it up when you're looking for scrims, and let's get more games going.

We seriously need more teams to play, so do it!

Or, if you have a better suggestion, let's talk about it. I was working on a web tool to find matches, but I'm afraid I'm going to put all this time in to it and it's going to go unused. If you're interested in something like the Gather tool (but much better) for scrims, instead of using IRC, then let me know and I'll finish it in a couple of weeks.

Comments