[BUG] Drifter flies up into ceiling, gets trapped

PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
I apologize if this has already been reported, but I couldn't find any mention of it after searching.

On rare occasions, my drifter as I'm controlling it will visually fly up to the highest point on the map and get stuck there. I can still select the drifter as comm but it will be trapped in that spot (as if its pathing is now broken). This has happened a couple places for me:

1) in the new area with the escalators (ns2_docking, b237)
2) stairs outside generator hive (ns2_docking, b237)
3) managed to get a drifter on top of the SW cabinet and stuck there in locker rooms hive (ns2_docking. b237)

It also happened today in b238 on ns_mineshaft however I cant remember the exact circumstance. I am assuming its the elevation changes it runs into our something, but heck if I know.

Anyways, please let me know if you need any more info. I'll snap a screenshot next time it happens.

Comments

• ChickenbombChickenbomb Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164648Members
    I havn't experienced any of your situations, but I'd like to add Locker rooms to the list of drifter problems. When building a drifter, it'll always spawn on top of the bottom left lockers and get stuck there.
  • ChitownFreezeChitownFreeze Join Date: 2008-03-29 Member: 63994Members, Constellation
    I havn't experienced any of your situations, but I'd like to add Locker rooms to the list of drifter problems. When building a drifter, it'll always spawn on top of the bottom left lockers and get stuck there.

This happens if you set the waypoint for the hive anywhere to the west when spawning a drifter at the locker rooms hive. If you set the waypoint north or east, it seems to come out okay. I've had this happen to me so many times now at that hive I just make sure to always set the waypoint to the right. Clearly a bug with the map, as it's happened for many many builds now.

• ChickenbombChickenbomb Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164648Members
    I've tried setting the WP to the east, still get the same problem for some reason.