Idea issue

WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
I wanna get a little feedback before I actually post it.
Right now because of the current balance issues I feel it's just that posting a suggestion <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->(Another lifeform, but I refrain from revealing more)<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> for aliens that isn't nerfing something might not be so smart.

I just don't want my idea regardless of it's validity getting shot down because "aliens OP, they don't need new stuff".

Should I go ahead and post it anyways, or wait until the game is more balanced for less likelihood of biased critique?

Comments

• SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Considering how long it would take something to get implemented if it was adopted, there is no reason why you can't post it now. You can preface your idea by stating that it "would be something to consider after the two sides have been balanced".
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    Well then I'll have it up in a few days, next weekend at the latest.
    :-? Ehhh, I'm still not sure, I have a feeling that a lot of people would be against a new lifeform, I think I need some more feedback.
    Bump.
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    Put them out there...aliens getting new lifeforms would be good and could actually help contribute to balance as it may allow other lifeforms to be slightly nerfed (assuming new lifeform excels in area thats nerfed).
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    If it fits well, post it. Hopefully your idea would provide a fun, new class that doesn't replace any other or simply merge two existing ones. People will still hate it. Your best bet is to also post some type of marine idea such as a new weapon or support ability.

Suggest chainsaws.

Jetpack/Chainsaw rush!!!!! Nothing could ever go wrong!!!
    edited January 2013
    thefonz wrote: »
    If it fits well, post it. Hopefully your idea would provide a fun, new class that doesn't replace any other or simply merge two existing ones. People will still hate it. Your best bet is to also post some type of marine idea such as a new weapon or support ability.

Of course, actually I'm going to add some researchable/upgrade counters to this alien (namely a certain trait it uses).
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    Just make sure that your marine idea serves more than to counter your alien one. I'd hate to see: "Crap, aliens just got a xxxx, gotta go research yyyy to counter it."

I would be nice if yyyy was also useful aside from being a counter. Like how an obs counters cloak, but also scouts in general and provides emergency defense.
    thefonz wrote: »
    Just make sure that your marine idea serves more than to counter your alien one. I'd hate to see: "Crap, aliens just got a xxxx, gotta go research yyyy to counter it."

I would be nice if yyyy was also useful aside from being a counter. Like how an obs counters cloak, but also scouts in general and provides emergency defense.
    Actually it is going to be researched at/upgrade for an obs.

• JalamanJalaman Join Date: 2012-12-28 Member: 176585Members
    edited January 2013
    Man, stop looking for feedback on whether you should give feedback and just post it. What the developers and experienced players think of people's suggestions is ultimately what really matters, not players who don't have enough experience to accurately judge something. It's easy enough to tell the three apart.
    Jalaman wrote: »
    Man, stop looking for feedback on whether you should give feedback and just post it. What the developers and experienced players think of people's suggestions is ultimately what really matters, not players who don't have enough experience to accurately judge something. It's easy enough to tell the three apart.
    Well, I'm kinda using this thread as motivation since I procrastinate sometimes.