Urgent player fixlist for 238

whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Because google moderator is closed?</div>Don't want to stress anything or be rude, but let's compile a urgent list that bothers players hopefuly to be fixed for 238. Please don't post any greater feature requests.

-> Gorge Bile Bomb still invisible in alien vision
-> Sometimes when starting the round i can't shoot or punch with my lmg until i change weapons
-> Often i still find myself dropping structures above/below map level
-> Sometimes i cant place extractors/harvesters until i change the commander tab and pick the structure again
-> Most Gorges clutter up doorways pretty much, and often it's only an inch that blocks you from passing through. It would be nice if there were a little tolerance to still get underneath those cloks without having to detroy them gorges hard work.
-> If i alt+tab and continue playing i experience a more cluttery gameplay every time. Tried that 5 times and performance got worse and worse.
-> Ingame microphone testing would be neat

Please add reasonable stuff so UWE gets a picture of our gamebreakers.

Comments

• LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Adding

- Commander dropped and player bought Exo suits tend to get stuck when entered/bought if there are buildings very close to the Proto lab, or just a wall. Same goes with Onos eggs, both commander dropped and player evolved, if done close to a wall, Hive or structure, they get stuck and can't get usntuck unless the server is running a unstuck mod or by typing kill in console.

- It's not only Cysts that can be placed above the map, I've had a Shift being placed above the map, making it un-killable but it still makes eggs on the actual map. Same goes for Crags and Whips.

- Sentries issue. <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->*snip* this is known and already reported as well, please don't post exploits on the forums -Kouji San<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

- The alien evolve bug is still active.

Will be adding more if I find/remember any.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    - [Web Interface] Please fix the chat there, all special characters are displayed as "%3A" (or simillar) also space are replaced with + (this exists since 236)

- [Marine - Commander] can drop medpacks on prop doors (not reachable for marines) which is very annoying and costs resources
  • gnoarchgnoarch Join Date: 2012-08-29 Member: 156802Members, Reinforced - Gold
    - Server Browser: Give people in Waiting list clear numbers. Very often my client tries to connect and someone else "steals" my slot. This results in me getting the "Server full" error. Very annoying if you tab out and just look out for NS2 taking >1 GB Ram. Sometimes I wait for 10 minutes until I remember to tab in and check NS2 again....
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited January 2013
    Fix it.
    <a href="http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882971585456510076/DEDB621314EFADEC6B19B51B2F89B2FE50CA3C32/" target="_blank">http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882971...89B2FE50CA3C32/</a>
    EDIT: Heh, Heh, Nodo-type lab =)
  • LunosLunos Join Date: 2009-08-18 Member: 68518Members
    Units and upgrades from the Robotics factory being unable to be canceled during production. This is needs to be fixed ASAP! Can't believe it is still here after so many patches.

Change the damn hotkeys off C, it makes things really annoying for commanders constantly watching the map while trying to build. I always accidentally start producing Fade eggs or EMP research the latter of which can't be canceled leading to a 15 res waste.

Add in a maximum range ring display while ARCs are undeployed. It's very hard to judge how close you need to move them before deploying.

Fix the bug preventing Hives from researching certain paths e.g. crag/shift/shade.

Change harvester, hive, cyst health display to correctly show when their health reaches 0. Many times no hp is showing and it still takes a few hundred more damage before they actually die.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2064346:date=Jan 21 2013, 07:26 PM:name=Lunos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lunos @ Jan 21 2013, 07:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2064346"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Units and upgrades from the Robotics factory being unable to be canceled during production. This is needs to be fixed ASAP! Can't believe it is still here after so many patches.

Change the damn hotkeys off C, it makes things really annoying for commanders constantly watching the map while trying to build. I always accidentally start producing Fade eggs or EMP research the latter of which can't be canceled leading to a 15 res waste.

Add in a maximum range ring display while ARCs are undeployed. It's very hard to judge how close you need to move them before deploying.

Fix the bug preventing Hives from researching certain paths e.g. crag/shift/shade.

Change harvester, hive, cyst health display to correctly show when their health reaches 0. Many times no hp is showing and it still takes a few hundred more damage before they actually die.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agree with you on the Robotics bug.
    Change the map key.
    Don't agree with you on the arcs.
    Hive research bug is fixed.
    Agree on the incorrect health display.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Cyst bug sometimes preventing cysts from being placed in certain hallways at all. (Unknown cause).
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    When building marine structures with the default building tool, the incorrect % is displayed- I've had it jump up and down and all sorts before completing structure development, and more importantly I've had bugs where the % will stop going up once it reaches maybe 97% and the structure will need a quick tap with a welder to actually finish it. Very odd.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2064157:date=Jan 21 2013, 03:29 AM:name=whoppaXXL)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whoppaXXL @ Jan 21 2013, 03:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2064157"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->-> Often i still find myself dropping structures above/below map level<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It’s an exploit to build on top of the map, I just prefer to think of it as using the dynamics of the game to your favor.
  • RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    edited January 2013
    Nerf the Gorge. It kills lvl 3 armor and lvl 3 weapon shotgun marines as fast as a fade does now that the hit-detection for its spit is fixed and has similar hp as the fade, yet costs 10 resources compared to 50. Five gorges is a hell of a lot stronger force than one fade. Probably even stronger than an onos. A support class that costs 10 res isn't supposed to be that good at combat. If all alien players started playing as gorges now, which they all could from the very first second of the match, the marines' victories would end right there.

I'd also like to mention that i'm not at all a one-sided player as of late. I'm not complaining about the gorge because i only play marine or something. I did play only alien for the first 200 hours, but i frankly got tired of winning so easily. I've played marines for maybe 50 hours since and i don't see myself returning to alien any time soon because it just feels too cheap to win as alien. The buff for gorges in the latest build made it ridiculously easy. But the problem there of course is that it's so difficult to play marine now that it's impossible to win unless the alien team is filled with rookies. A single good lerk can clean house. Now that the gorge is so powerful and remains so cheap, i'm more afraid of it than a lerk! And the onos is just an overkill waste of resources now. When you're more worried of a couple of 10-res healing pigs than of a 75 res tank, there's something seriously wrong with the image of the game.

I started playing marines for the greater challenge. But now it's more like a suicide mission.
  • butterbutter Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177368Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2065522:date=Jan 23 2013, 09:44 AM:name=Robby)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robby @ Jan 23 2013, 09:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065522"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nerf the Gorge. It kills lvl 3 armor and lvl 3 weapon shotgun marines as fast as a fade does now that the hit-detection for its spit is fixed and has similar hp as the fade, yet costs 10 resources compared to 50. Five gorges is a hell of a lot stronger force than one fade. Probably even stronger than an onos. A support class that costs 10 res isn't supposed to be that good at combat. If all alien players started playing as gorges now, which they all could from the very first second of the match, the marines' victories would end right there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This. Gorges and Lerks are ridiculously OP now. The Gorge are supposed to be a support class and now 2 gorges can kill three lvl 2 marines. Lerks can tear apart a Marine team. Very mobile and extremely powerful. Why on earth would they buff the Alien team even more? Do they not realize that the table has already been turned in favor?
  • weeschweeweeschwee Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75031Members
    Mini map behaves odd when waiting to spawn. It is hold "C" while playing and press "C" while waiting to spawn. You also have to press "C" twice to make it go away the first time while waiting to spawn. This happens to me, not sure about everyone else.
  • gnoarchgnoarch Join Date: 2012-08-29 Member: 156802Members, Reinforced - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=2064853:date=Jan 22 2013, 04:07 PM:name=sotanaht)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sotanaht @ Jan 22 2013, 04:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2064853"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cyst bug sometimes preventing cysts from being placed in certain hallways at all. (Unknown cause).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

also cuz of thebad path finding of cysts combined with the minimum distance between them it's now possible to get you cyst line STUCK. This can happen if you have to go up a stair and around a corner at the same timeand have placed the last cyst too close to the stars but not close enough to "unlock" the highground...
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    i'd like to re-iterate the request for a in-game mic test. that seems like one of the things that should be pretty straightforward.

also, i haven't tried it too much, but i've had a couple instances of not being able to go to comm-view while in spectator mode. if it's been disabled, that's fine, but if not, i'd like to report it. additionally, my jump key is bound to mouse-2 so, that might be part of the issue.
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2064157:date=Jan 21 2013, 06:29 AM:name=whoppaXXL)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whoppaXXL @ Jan 21 2013, 06:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2064157"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->-> If i alt+tab and continue playing i experience a more cluttery gameplay every time. Tried that 5 times and performance got worse and worse.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I run windowed full screen and that seemed to clear up the issue. It's stuttery when it's not the focus but that's to be expected.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    Someone above said change the C key.

I go one step further.

Make command keys rebindable, FFS.

I don't care if it takes a year to fix and nothing else gets done. Not having this function is like playing with one arm that only has three fingers. An RTS without bindable command keys makes me want to club baby seals with a tank.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Some stuff I'd like to see:

1. 5-6 lines of chat history when pressing enter/chat button (menumod used to have this back in beta, guud stuff)

2. frags being displayed in the console, and also displayed for a bit longer in the top right corner. Something simple as "x <LMG> x" or whatever would suffice.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    marines dont have nukes, game must be borked.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2064346:date=Jan 21 2013, 08:26 PM:name=Lunos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lunos @ Jan 21 2013, 08:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2064346"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Change the damn hotkeys off C, it makes things really annoying for commanders constantly watching the map while trying to build. I always accidentally start producing Fade eggs or EMP research the latter of which can't be canceled leading to a 15 res waste.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Even worse, I'm frequently making shade hives accidentally.
  • nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    I'd like to be able to unbind all commander keys so that I may speak on the mic with my 'V' key without recycling buildings. V=Voice, for me.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    - remove no res while dead. because not fighting/being AFK is still the best way to gain res.
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2065571:date=Jan 24 2013, 07:18 AM:name=weeschwee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (weeschwee @ Jan 24 2013, 07:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065571"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mini map behaves odd when waiting to spawn. It is hold "C" while playing and press "C" while waiting to spawn. You also have to press "C" twice to make it go away the first time while waiting to spawn. This happens to me, not sure about everyone else.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I had noticed that too, I put it down to the map being a toggle when in spec but not in live game.

Oh and as countbasie said....remove no res when dead.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    change the res system so that :
    ResForKills = team res boost for commander
    Extractors = resources for players mostly

everyone guard their res towers like never before and nobody can blame the commander
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    also - gorge BABBLERS!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    schkorp teh babblurz are in the content patch which isn't ready just yet. D:
  • beyond.wudgebeyond.wudge Join Date: 2012-10-19 Member: 162731Members
    edited January 2013
    - Fix the 'getting stuck' problem. I've seen (and been) people stuck as an Onos and yeah.
    - Fix the 'can't evolve upgrades' problem.
    - Fix the 'can't evolve the hive' if you cancel a hive's upgrade mid-way and pick something else.
  • RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    Please make a unique sound alert for when the power node of a room with a command station is being attacked. Far too many times have bases been lost due to the lack of this. The alien side gets a proper screeching sound that is heard across the map for every player when a hive is under attack. I don't see why the marine side doesn't have similar effects.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    -More performance increases
    -More control options (Lastinv)
  • jo.tossjo.toss Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164854Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold
    Just a couple minor fixes and suggestions

I don't know if it's just me but when i play as commander and recycle a building, the message/ notification that displays on the left side does not always display the right location. For example, in Tram, I recycled a resource tower in Repair and the message had displayed the building being recycled in Ore Processing.

Also, I have been wondering why there is not a universal map vote option for ALL servers and not just custom ones. This would allow freedom to choose the next map (instead of a set cycle) as well as post-game discussions instead of abruptly changing without any sort of warning.

And of course, more optimizations! I can't wait for the day that NS2 will be as smooth as CS:GO fps-wise! =p
  • AWhiteAWhite Join Date: 2007-07-26 Member: 61685Members
    Jetpacked into a wall in Docking - Terminal and got stuck, just hanged out there till I ran out of pistol ammo then type killed.

A gorge can spit a marine in 1/2 the time it takes the marine to shoot him down assuming no misses. Check the spreadsheets and nerf accordingly :).