Explore mode

WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
<div class="IPBDescription">One map isn't much to explore...</div>Explore mode is supposed to help you learn the ins and outs of the game and the maps right? A little counter intuitive to always be confined to summit. What if I want to learn the layouts of other maps?

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    im quite sure you can select a map upon loadup. (I havent tried, but it does give the option doesnt it?)
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <!--quoteo(post=2063891:date=Jan 20 2013, 06:34 PM:name=WhiteWeasel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WhiteWeasel @ Jan 20 2013, 06:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2063891"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Explore mode is supposed to help you learn the ins and outs of the game and the maps right? A little counter intuitive to always be confined to summit. What if I want to learn the layouts of other maps?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Explore mode is to let you play with the various lifeforms and upgrades. If you just want to look around a map, don't use explore more, just click PLAY and then at the top there is a tab START SERVER. Click on that and then pick a map and go. (put a password on so you are not disturbed.) Then you can explore the map all you like. :)

Explore mode is more so you can try out being commander and/or try out the various lifeforms.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    <u><b>WhiteWeasel:</b></u>

Start your own server

Turn on "Dev 1" and "Cheats 1" then join a team

There's a number of other useful commands like "Autobuild" "pres" "tres" "alltech" etc. . .

Just sandbox a map that way. . .
    Full list of commands here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Console_Commands" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...onsole_Commands</a>
  • sharnrocksharnrock Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166084Members
    Explore mode is more about exploring with the toys and upgrades than it is about actually exploring the map. You can join an empty server, or make your own to learn the maps.