walking on walls makes you run faster

schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
<div class="IPBDescription">skulks</div>i think this would be a cool way to encourage skulks to use walls and ceilings - sure it doesn't make sense, but gameplay wise i think it would be really cool.

most often you see people walking on the floor, and generally jumping around to dodge bullets and gain speed - but you can't do this so along walls or ceilings, so having skulks run faster while not on the floor would make things more interesting.

It would make it more fun to run around as a skulk - you'd be playing a little mini game trying to keep to anything but the floor - like when you play that childs game " the floor is lava" lol.
Cause camping on ceilings is a bit boring.

And it would make it more interesting for marines since there would be more variety of where skulks pop out from.

Its a very simple change that I don't think would ruin the game-play. The speed increase would be small, but still significant enough to make it worth doing.

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT DERAILING THIS TOPIC INTO ANOTHER BUNNY HOPPING OR THE CURRENT WALL JUMP CRY! thx. <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Comments

• SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
    I do not like the idea.
    just use wall jump and you are fine. It requires more skill, too.

Furthermore, skulks, who just walk on the floor, are a sign for bad skulks, too.
    They will learn to use the walls when they get better.

Greetings
  • KazterKazter Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19481Members, Constellation
    As Sehz has already mentioned this is already implemented with Wall Jumping. You can build momentum by jumping from wall to wall and even maintain some momentum when you hit the floor initially and jump again.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    yes but if you stay on the wall you can't keep your momentum. and walking on the ceiling has no benefit to your speed currently.
  • Vladimir Van VodkaVladimir Van Vodka Sexy Beast Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73364Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    if it was some sort of deviant of a skulk, say he had a speed penalty on the ground, but a speed increase while on a wall, that would be interesting twist.