My game crashes at least once an hour

BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
Why is this? I know many people have the game crash on them. The frustrating thing is, if you evolve to an onos, and then rejoin, you still have the number of res you left with, but you start as a skulk.

Fix it?

Comments

• delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    edited January 2013
    I have this thing too but my game crashes in random periods of time. It usually crashes, when i play 1-2 hours. I hope this will get fixed eventually.

Edit: It doesn't matter what i do, it just says you shall not play and BAM CTD. Happens on all maps.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Yeah, crashes have increased massively since the last two patches. Can barely finish one or two games before the game freezes.
  • ChickenbombChickenbomb Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164648Members
    My game alternates between crashing to desktop every 2 rounds, or booting me to the main menu saying "Client and server differ".
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Yeah I mean I'm not timing it. I sometimes go 1.5 hours without a crash and then crash thrice in half an hour, so I was just averaging it.

My suggestion: Until a fix is sorted, when we rejoin the server we were on can we please spawn back on the thing we were? I get that I keep my res, but if I go from 75 res to 0 so I can get an Onos, and THEN I crash, I come back as a skulk with no res.
  • wootwoot Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26556Members
    Try reducing textures to medium, worked for me.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    For those of you reporting this crash it would be nice to see copies of your logs. Note these get rewritten when you start the game again, so you will need to do this right after things go south on you or copy the log file somewhere for future use.

Attach or post a DXDIAG information log file, this provides UWE with your system specs, driver and OS info:
    Click on your Windows Desktop Start menu.
    In winXP you want to find "RUN", in Vista/7 you want the search bar at the bottom of the menu.
    Type in DXDIAG and hit Enter
    A window pops up, Either a Diagnostic will auto run or you need to click on a button: Run DxDiag now ~something similar to that.
    When the progress bar is done, Click on the "Save All Information" button, you can either copy paste it to the forums or post it into a website such as <a href="http://www.pastebin.com" target="_blank">http://www.pastebin.com</a> and post the link here on the forums.

Attach or post the contents of the NS2 "log.txt" file, this contains useful error messages for the UWE devs:
    To get to the file, press windows key + R, fill in "%appdata%\Natural Selection 2", hit enter.
    You can either copy paste it to the forums or post it into a website such as <a href="http://www.pastebin.com" target="_blank">http://www.pastebin.com</a> and post the link here on the forums.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited January 2013
    Already sent a zip from the TechSupport.exe to the Tech Support.
  • ChickenbombChickenbomb Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164648Members
    Already been sending in zip files everytime I crash or get an error. So far, not much response except "Thanks for being a guinea pig"
  • unstoppablePorkunstoppablePork Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180164Members
    I always play with VSYNC on, game never crashes, but takes ages to load.

If I turn VSYNC off game loads much quicker (precache takes alot quicker in the load) but it crashes quite often.

I would advise, if ur VSYNC is off, try turning it on, and let us know if it improves the crash situation...

I also read somehwere something about VSYNC and multi CPU support, so play around with these options.