A few modding questions

QuandrastormQuandrastorm Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177128Members, Reinforced - Diamond
what version of lua is used?

is there a fast way to relaod a lua file or do i have to reload the entire map each time?
like a command ot lust relaod the lua files

Comments

• SpoffySpoffy Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177871Members
    It's a custom lua created/modified by the NS2 team I believe.

I also don't think there is a way to reload scripts in-game. I personally leave the builder running, do my programming alt-tabbed, tab back in and just reload the server.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Its just lua 5.1, but you cant use os or some io functions.
    You can start the game with -hotload and the game will refresh the scripts.
  • QuandrastormQuandrastorm Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177128Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I added an item to the techtree constants, but it does not seem to exist in the tech tree
    function TechTree:GetTechNode(techId)
    return self.nodeList[techId]
    end
    returns null for the index

does anyonek now where the techtree loads its values ?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    You would also need to add it in TechData.lua

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->{ [kTechDataId] = kTechId.PulseRifle,      [kTechDataMaxHealth] = kPulseRifleHealth, [kTechDataMaxArmor] = kPulseRifleArmor,  [kTechDataTooltipInfo] = "PULSERIFLE_TOOLTIP", [kTechDataPointValue] = kWeaponPointValue,    [kTechDataMapName] = PulseRifle.kMapName,                    [kTechDataDisplayName] = "PULSERIFLE",         [kTechDataModel] = PulseRifle.kModelName, [kTechDataDamageType] = kPulseRifleDamageType, [kTechDataCostKey] = kPulseRifleCost, },<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
  • QuandrastormQuandrastorm Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177128Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    thanks for the reply, it works now.

however one more question while debugging with decoda, the mainmenu wont show up so i maunly load a map with /map ns2_veil
    however this way i only have 1 player and cant start a game, is there a way to load for example and explore mode game by console ?
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    just type cheats 1 in console and join, then the game will beginn?
    cool that works :D