Mumble and Windows 8

semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
Hi all,

I've noticed a couple of people (myself included) who have had issues running the game with Mumble. The problem is that the current Mumble client (1.2.3) does not support Windows 8. The Mumble overlay will cause NS2 to crash on launch, requiring you to quit Mumble, launch the game, and then launch Mumble.

Today I tested the beta version (1.2.4), and it seems like this issues have been resolved. The overlay works, Mumble no longer locks up for 10 seconds at a time, and the game doesn't crash. Yay!

Just posting this here, as I've ran into a couple of other people who haven't been able to launch the game because of Mumble.

Comments

• SkackySkacky Join Date: 2005-06-05 Member: 53189Members
    edited January 2013
    Bumping this. I had a crash on startup and decided to investigate this issue with Mumble 1.2.3 since I am using it on Windows 8, and it turns out it makes the game crash <u>even if</u> the overlay is deactivated (I never use it). Many thanks to you, OP, you saved my hair. :D
    The funny thing is that both Mumble and NS2 worked correctly yesterday. Oh well.