Game Manual

FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
I did a google search, looked on the official wiki, checked steam, checked the official website, and even browsed the forum a bit.
Where is the manual?

More importantly, what does "Raw Input" do?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2055714:date=Jan 4 2013, 03:14 AM:name=Cregore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cregore @ Jan 4 2013, 03:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2055714"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I did a google search, looked on the official wiki, checked steam, checked the official website, and even browsed the forum a bit.
    Where is the manual?

More importantly, what does "Raw Input" do?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Send ya a PM about the explore mode and the ingame lined Youtube video tutorials :)

Raw input basically means it takes raw data from your mouse and uses it directly without any software based influence. Also you might want to steer clear from mouse acceleration in this game. Which is all about twitch based aiming and tracking
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    Mouse acceleration is the bane of PC gaming in general.

That's what I thought Raw Input did, but I wasn't sure.
    I think I might switch that on.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    If you don't find the ingame videos helpful (personally I think only the skulk tutorial is good, and it's a little out of date) <a href="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCfp7klrYmz9Xocs4-sYfxgZIHgNg_8zn" target="_blank">I have some tutorial videos you can watch</a>. Unfortunately NS2 doesn't really have a wonderful manual yet, which is a shame because NS1's manual was awesome.