Bile Bomb Rushes and the Marine Comm

124»

Comments

• VigilantiaVigilantia Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 51Members
    tl;dr attitude:

If aliens have a winning strategy that mostly works because it takes marines by surprise, then it must be OP, nerf it.

The risk is only 10 pres (nothing!) and the payoff is winning the game.

I ninja-ed a PG on ns_veil using my 10 res JP. I built the power node right in Pipeline and a PG in a corner. This actually happened on the KKG servers last week, on Sunday. We rushed the hive and it was GG shortly after. Damn, JPs are OP, nerf them.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I didn't even need the JP, I could have used the vents to sneak into Utility or the vent south of C-12. 0 res marine is OP, nerf.

Your point would be valid if it took 20 seconds from entering the hive to setting up the phase gate and having the entire marine team come in.

It takes time to set up the Power Node. It takes time to build that phase gate. It takes time and teamwork to get your team to phase in without the aliens noticing and without your marines shooting anything. It requires an alien commander to be frugal to not cover his hive with cysts (although in some cases that's not possible) and not hear marine noises in his hive. It takes even more time to kill the hive and upgrades (considerably more if there are a lot of crags there).

All the above takes more than 20 seconds. Also, the difference is your ninja-gate strategy required a good chunk of the team. I have yet to see a marine with a shotgun hit the "infestation node" and power down all upgrades, the hive, all your eggs, and the res extractor. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Silence also delay attack notifications as well?
  • bongofishbongofish Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19893Members
    tl;dr attitude:

If aliens have a winning strategy that mostly works because it takes marines by surprise, then it must be OP, nerf it.

The risk is only 10 pres (nothing!) and the payoff is winning the game.

I ninja-ed a PG on ns_veil using my 10 res JP. I built the power node right in Pipeline and a PG in a corner. This actually happened on the KKG servers last week, on Sunday. We rushed the hive and it was GG shortly after. Damn, JPs are OP, nerf them.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I didn't even need the JP, I could have used the vents to sneak into Utility or the vent south of C-12. 0 res marine is OP, nerf.

Your sarcasm is noted.

The funny thing is, you completely negate your argument yourself and I don't really have to say anything. I mean, you admitted that the JP wasn't even required to do what you claim to have done. Which, of course, proves that JP is not OP and is not comparable to BB.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be high pay off strategies, just that the Gorge BB route is poorly balanced and over powered.
  • KilledByDeathKilledByDeath Join Date: 2012-12-26 Member: 176308Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What happens if your Ninja gate plan goes South huh? You lose a JP (10 pres), possibly a Shotgun (possible 20 pres), a power node (no cost but still annoying due to losing lights in the area) and a PG (15 tres).

What happens if a Gorge rush fails? You lose 10-30 pres and that's it.

You know what, just fuck off with your condescending attitude already. You tell people that Marines are fine and just l2p while showing a clear bias for Aliens, you spew bullshit like "no you just need to spend even more res on obs it's fine" and "No you need to defend bases you can't be too aggressive as Marines", and you totally fail to grasp the problem with Bile Bomb's risk/reward ratio. It's literally low risk/ game ending reward! How is this a non-issue?!