The late game

snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi there,
i need to talk about some aspects :)

In the late game it can happen :) that marines are loosing. They usally got 2 bases and sometimes 1 rt between them, so they have 2-3 rts. The Problem now is, that they will get overrun -> onos / gorge push, whatever. They will get overrun and if that happens the game is over but on ns1 the game still was fun, and the reason for that i think are:
- HA possible to buy
- HMG possible to buy
- JetPacks possible to buy

on ns2 it isnt. i see the motivation on taking a second cc but wouldnt it be enough to research that kind of stuff and keep it available after the 2nd command chair is gone? it would give the marines a better chance for a revival :) like the good old days where a game tooks hours ;)

i cant see the big disadvantage on that, because the aliens controls the most rts and normal the alien commander is doing nothing else than spamming onos eggs, so it could be funny to mess around at this stage of a game with some expos :D

ok now im not sure if should post my next topic into this thread or creating a new one :)

some alien abilities on ns1 where are awesome and gave the game a big fun factor. Here are my favorites:
- spikes
- devour
- stomp
- bilebomb

we got 3 of them at ns2 but why we dont got devour? i mean, i can see the hard balance step on it, but it was soooo much fun :D we need it! maybe if its just for a second or something else. but we need it ... I NEED IT! :D

Comments

• TiomatTiomat Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155713Members
    This has been raised so many times, that saying search is your friend isn't even worth it anymore.

Adding more turtling ability to marines when the game is already lost is bad. It's just bad. It might be amusing for a bit as the marines trying to do a last-man-standing type thing but for the aliens its just frustrating when they have won but can't get the power node down for long enough. Add more firepower and more armour into the mix, nevermind jetpacks, and you will just be left with games on veil with aliens sat outside and waiting for the marines to get bored and quit.

As for devour I think it was removed as it was not fun for the person being devoured. I don't know about that, but where the onos currently is anyway it doesn't need the extra power of devour.