Player Pre-Spawn Evolve / Purchase Options

hf_hf_ Join Date: 2011-06-10 Member: 103639Members
edited January 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Players in the spawn queue can evolve or buy upgrades</div>Idea:

Marine and alien players in the spawn queue have access to the armory buy menu and evolve menu, respectively, and then spawn with the weapons already equipped or lifeform and/or alien upgrades already evolved. This is assuming the players have the personal res available to make these purchases / evolutions. Aliens would still need to have the gestate time for the lifeform and/or upgrades, but they would immediately spawn into an egg that's evolving.

This wouldn't apply for marine prototype lab (only the armory buy options, if they've been researched)

Reason:

I find it slightly annoying, especially as an alien, to have to spawn first, and then decide what I want to get with my personal res. There's a lot of wasted time during the spawn queue as well, so this would give the player something interactive to do while waiting to spawn, and then eliminate the 2-3 seconds of having to spawn first before being able to get new upgrades.

Apologies if this has been suggested before.

Comments

• haituhaitu Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177053Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2054395:date=Jan 1 2013, 05:48 PM:name=hf_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hf_ @ Jan 1 2013, 05:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054395"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Idea:

Marine and alien players in the spawn queue have access to the armory buy menu and evolve menu, respectively, and then spawn with the weapons already equipped or lifeform and/or alien upgrades already evolved. This is assuming the players have the personal res available to make these purchases / evolutions. Aliens would still need to have the gestate time for the lifeform and/or upgrades, but they would immediately spawn into an egg that's evolving.

This wouldn't apply for marine prototype lab (only the armory buy options, if they've been researched)

Reason:

I find it slightly annoying, especially as an alien, to have to spawn first, and then decide what I want to get with my personal res. There's a lot of wasted time during the spawn queue as well, so this would give the player something interactive to do while waiting to spawn, and then eliminate the 2-3 seconds of having to spawn first before being able to get new upgrades.

Apologies if this has been suggested before.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hey,

I registered to post this similar idea except I would not allow the Marines to have preset spawn items because it comes from an actual structure. None the less, giving the Aliens some sort of UI to make a preset evolution would be great. When we evolve we can just hit a hotkey and the presets will evolve.