Please share and vote!

KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited January 2013 in Competitive Play
<div class="IPBDescription">Google moderator stuff</div>Those suggestions are not mainly/only motivated by competitive reasons, but i found this sub forum to be the best place of getting attention by veteran players that do understand the reasons behind them. Maybe this could be a thread for more interesting votes ppl want to push, tho not make millions of threads to get attention.

<b>Remove Infestation/Cyst game-mechanic</b>, and make it appear around alien structures/territory automatically. (so its basically only eyecandy, with option to completely disable it for a little better performance in the options)

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Vote: <a href="http://goo.gl/mod/oZNx" target="_blank">http://goo.gl/mod/oZNx</a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<b>Remove Powernode game-mechanic</b>, think of different ways to implement lit and unlit areas. (eg areas with alien structures are naturally dimmed, light flicker on attacking marine structures, chamber abilites to power down lights for a short duration)

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Vote: <a href="http://goo.gl/mod/47FG" target="_blank">http://goo.gl/mod/47FG</a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Feel free to make better suggestions in google moderator comments.

edit:

<u>Please post a comment in google moderator, if you disagree... (why?)</u>
So we can either find a solution to the reason why you have to disagree or at least have a interesting discussion to give ppl something more to consider before voting.

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • supsusupsu Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151023Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2013
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    Ahahaha funny but even if that got voted to the top do you really think flayra would do it? I dont. Wtf would the alien commander even do? Not saying I disagree but spreading creep is like 50% of the game for the alien commander.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2013
    I'd rather see it improved in terms of performance if possible and going in the direction of how Company of Heroes does it with more emphasis on map control. Both the powernode and cyst system currently feel like it's an half implemented and incomplete feature. If it isn't possible to get way better performance out of it, I'd vote for this...
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The cyst/infestation system is probably the only one causing the performance issues, I dont think that the power grid system causes much in the way of perf issues. Regarding mechanics, there are potential uses for these systems. In terms of the powergrid system I think a good suggestion would be to have only sentries powered by the powernode, along with lighting. As for infestation, I would honestly remove it as it is currently, and just have the effect be client side and have it originate from any alien structures, slowly spreading out to cover a reasonable amount of ground. It would not be a req. for building any alien structures.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    voted. It would be sad to see infestation spike and rupture trolling go, but its for the best i guess. The prospect of echoing whips anywhere will probably be sufficient enough compensation.

Also, goodluck to anyone determined enough to do battle with the uninformed in the google mod comments.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    edited January 2013
    Can probably just nerf harvester autobuild-rate to zero or very low as well. Maybe give shifts an extra purpose to build structures in their radius slightly faster as a passive.

If building harvesters off infestation is slow enough to warrant needing a gorge for the first 10 minutes of the game you will somewhat alleviate the lifeform explosion problem indirectly and have more reason to buff the fade.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=125921&view=findpost&p=2044458" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...t&p=2044458</a>

good
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Voted.

Increase Harvester cost to 15, increase build time for alien buildings and increase gorge rate of building in order to replicate time/cost of current system.

Give hive an infestation radius of 30, Harvester 15 and other buildings 10 as territorial markers. Infestation spikes could still be limited to infested areas to limit trolling rines in their base.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Guess i shouldnt have worded it so radical (maybe i should have used the word redesign instead of removal) getting lots of no sayers - guess ppl assume uwe would just do what ppl write 1:1 if it was voted to the top or something. Sure the option would be possible with simply removing everything and redesign around it(and its not a bad one in my opinion)... but the way i know uwe its very unlikely that they would even consider this.

Dunno guess i was thinking that radical means that they might step a little further out of their comfort zone by looking into it.