Request: Feature; Game duration displayed on server screen

Josef KJosef K Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176829Members
edited December 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
On the 'Play' screen (server list) it would be helpful to have the duration of the current game listed.

I dislike joining in the middle of games, especially when the team is hopelessly behind, which is usually the case as these servers usually have people that have left to leave room room for my joining. I would prefer to have the ability to join games that have only just begun

Comments

• FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    I would much rather be able to see how long until the game is finished, so I can join when the server is a few seconds from ending, and join the new game instead. If that time is displayed in-game as well, people could see when a round is going to be too long, and rr instead to start a new round, which probably is a bit shorter.
  • AzaralAzaral Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172408Members
    There is no way to know how much time is left in the game...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2053677:date=Dec 31 2012, 01:03 PM:name=Azaral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azaral @ Dec 31 2012, 01:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2053677"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is no way to know how much time is left in the game...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Marines #CC < 2 AND Onos >= 1
    -> set GG to 2 min

Aliens #Hives < 2 AND EXO >= 1
    -> set GG to 2 min

Kouji_San joins team
    -> set GG in favour of Kouji_San's team

I especially like the last one, should be a feature!
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    edited December 2012
    Not right now, but they just need to implement it. Should be something like this:

pseudocode:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->OnRoundStart() roundstarttime = currenttime end
    -- id, value, receivetime
    OnRoundEnd() SendTimeTravelMessage("endtime", currenttime, starttime-currenttime)
    -- id, callback_function
    SetTimeTravelMessage("endtime", function(value) endtime = value end)
    GetTimeLeft() return endtime - currenttime<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->