Hit a marine will result in hitting air...

frmehefrmehe Join Date: 2012-07-08 Member: 153980Members
hello, happy xmas!
the game make me crazy, it's so hard to hit and no boys...it has nothing to do with my "skills" or i should "learn to play"...
it is hard to hit a marine as alien, but it is easier to hit with any (also melee) weapon a skulk, how come it is that way?
also the lag is so much, the scoreboard show me a average of 30 sometimes 60 but still, if im for example alien and im sneaking out of a vent and seeing a marine and running into the vent, he shoot and hit me, even im in the vent meters away.
same with phasegate, it can happend you get bitten by a skulk before you move into a pg but you phase through it and just die after the pg.
how can this lag be so much?
and im not talking about one server, its on like every server.
you see a marine, he moves left and right, you want to bite him, you bite him exact in the body but you don't hit, why is that?
also if marines jump crazy, you bite them but you don't hit.
i have the feeling the hitzone isn't 1:1 right with the animations!
so if a marine walk right and move quick to the left, you bite the marine at the left but his hitzone or "real" body isn't there it is right, this would explain why you die as alien infront of a vent, no matter if you already moved it.
<b>i hope to get a statement from one of the developer...but im sure i will not get any answer.</b>
WATCH PUBLIC GAMES, you see a lot of invisible lag of the models, thats why aliens lose so much with pro marines, they know the hitzone lag and abuse it.
you see marines jumping so often and move left and right so often, it looks weird, now i know why the walk that way.

Comments

• ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2051276:date=Dec 26 2012, 02:17 AM:name=frmehe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frmehe @ Dec 26 2012, 02:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2051276"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hello, happy xmas!
    the game make me crazy, it's so hard to hit and no boys...it has nothing to do with my "skills" or i should "learn to play"...
    it is hard to hit a marine as alien, but it is easier to hit with any (also melee) weapon a skulk, how come it is that way?
    also the lag is so much, the scoreboard show me a average of 30 sometimes 60 but still, if im for example alien and im sneaking out of a vent and seeing a marine and running into the vent, he shoot and hit me, even im in the vent meters away.
    same with phasegate, it can happend you get bitten by a skulk before you move into a pg but you phase through it and just die after the pg.
    how can this lag be so much?
    and im not talking about one server, its on like every server.
    you see a marine, he moves left and right, you want to bite him, you bite him exact in the body but you don't hit, why is that?
    also if marines jump crazy, you bite them but you don't hit.
    i have the feeling the hitzone isn't 1:1 right with the animations!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    there is a hit registry problem that occurs frequently as of the last build. very common to have normal bites to turn into glancing bites, or for glancing bites to miss. it's being addressed

<!--quoteo(post=2051276:date=Dec 26 2012, 02:17 AM:name=frmehe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frmehe @ Dec 26 2012, 02:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2051276"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->so if a marine walk right and move quick to the left, you bite the marine at the left but his hitzone or "real" body isn't there it is right, this would explain why you die as alien infront of a vent, no matter if you already moved it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    this is due to interp, the damage is done instantly and is not delayed for the animation. I tested but not thoroughly