Obvious punishment for living overseas

2»

Comments

• DamDSxDamDSx Join Date: 2004-08-10 Member: 30506Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2052181:date=Dec 28 2012, 01:01 AM:name=Guspaz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guspaz @ Dec 28 2012, 01:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2052181"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you're in Uruguay, are there no servers closer than east cost US? What about Brazil, which is way closer, or is the language barrier a problem?

Are there no servers in Mexico? Or in any of the Spanish-speaking parts of South America?

If all else fails, perhaps you can get together with a few of your friends or fellow Uruguayan NS2 players to lease a nearby dedicated server.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That could be an option if I didnt hate translations and spanish speaking people in general (something about the culture here, call me crazy but id rather play with some brats in the US and the people that live in this general area (mexico is not even close)

Ill manage I guess, I mean, it is dealing with a few kicks over dealing with annoying argentinians, and brazilians who I dont understand at all

PS: Ive tried to get people to buy the game here, but everyone is so caught up on generic point and shoot and unlock for bigger epeen games (you can shorten that to BF3 and COD:whatever) that getting them to invest in an awesome indie game is out of the question. Hell, nobody in the gaming forum I frequent knew what NS was, I felt like roundhousing some idiots.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2051469:date=Dec 26 2012, 02:52 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Dec 26 2012, 02:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2051469"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->warping Skulks can be cause by low FPS on the warpers side<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This shouldn't be the case... Interp should be taking care of issues like this...

Warping should only occur when the server goes long periods of time without a proper location update from a player, and then suddenly gets data that is signifignatly different from the last thing it knew about that player. This is most likely with players with extremely high or extremely varying ping, and in the cases packet loss.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2051246:date=Dec 26 2012, 03:11 AM:name=TripleZero)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TripleZero @ Dec 26 2012, 03:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2051246"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i had extremely ######ty internet for many years of my life and i can assure you that 200 ms is not playable in a way which does not make you become a burden to your team (only exception would be if youre commander)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Depends on the game. 100+ ping in a game like Tribes makes you teleport everywhere and you just become an annoyance to everyone else in the game.
  • MakenshiMakenshi Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164681Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2052771:date=Dec 29 2012, 05:49 AM:name=Swiftspear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Dec 29 2012, 05:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2052771"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This shouldn't be the case... Interp should be taking care of issues like this...

Warping should only occur when the server goes long periods of time without a proper location update from a player, and then suddenly gets data that is signifignatly different from the last thing it knew about that player. This is most likely with players with extremely high or extremely varying ping, and in the cases packet loss.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Except this is simply not true. Speced a guy with 60 ping today. Constant 30 tickrate at the time. He was warping for a good minute or so which is the only reason he was still alive after an encounter with 5 marines. As soon as he left smelting he stopped warping. Seems to be a pretty clear case of fps-induced warping imo