Training mode badly more options.

The AlgerianThe Algerian Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175962Members
edited December 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<i>EDIT: Badly needs*. Missed a word in the title.</i>

Hi everyone.

I'm here to suggest a few options for training mode.
<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->
1. Let us adjust it for commanding practice:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
Right now it's really bad as far as commanding is concerned, you already start with everything pre-unlocked and unlimited ammount of ressources. Which isn't good, it doesn't let you learn which building unlocks what for instance. So make an option that puts you in real game situation, no 200 team ressources, no 2nd command station, not even an armory.

<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->2. Let us add a few bots for target practice and damages estimation:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
So ok, you can have every weapons in training mode, but you have nothing to try them on. Well you have cysts, hives but that's pretty much it.

3. Ok, I forgot what I was going to suggest in point 3. I'll edit if I remember, but first two points are the most important anyway.

Comments

• Jman117Jman117 Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154698Members
    I'd love to see that. It's a challenging enough idea for new players, and while the Training mode is certainly helpful, it's not quite good enough. :(
  • gotcha_ridergotcha_rider Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177617Members
    As a newcomer to ns2 and wanting to learn how to command, I agree that some training options are missing.

First of all, we would need at least an option to specify from which development level one wants to start:
    - initial (1 hive) - limited resources, nothing pre-unlocked
    - Fully developpe (3 hives) - like today

Secondly; for marines, an aditional 'autobuild' option would allow simulating the fact that marines build equiments requested by the commander. In this case, the marines commander can train alone without to have to go out of the commander station (like we can already do with alien).