Cannot play published map on Workshop

xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">File not found</div>After following the steps in the modding forum, I cannot play the map I published on the Steam Workshop. After publishing it, subscribing and enabling the map, I get a "file not found" error.

I tried publishing another map, and I am getting the same error. My buddy also tried publishing, and he is getting the same error.

output directory: common/natural selection 2/ns2_Jambi1_mod/maps/ns2_Jambi1.level
common/natural selection 2/ns2_Jambi1_mod/maps/overviews/(overview files)

Comments

• VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    NS2 does not recognize the ns2_Jambi1_mod folder without the -game ".\ns2_Jambi1_mod" parameter. You should put the map in Natural Selection 2\ns2\maps\ instead.
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hmmmm,

I don't think you understood my issue. I am trying to publish a map on the steam workshop. And when I publish it, and subscribe to it the map never works. I try loading it up and it says "file not found"
    Update:

If I subscribe to any level, it says file no found when trying to start it. Build 224 bug?
    If anyone cares, the problem was the published map was hidden. It needed to be public before it worked.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    I'm experiencing the same issue on my server for the ns2_caged or ns2_caged_beta map.