Refinery changes feedback

2»

Comments

• DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Is crusher supposed to gib you if you are caught in it? Are the smelting buckets in Refinery meant to be player-blocking or not?
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    After having had had a chance to play this revised map a number of times, I believe the best way to balance it is to flip the map and put a res node in Heatsink. Have marines start in Containment and aliens start in either Flow Control or Smelting (random). The travel time from flow control to smelting via transit won't impact aliens at all. Honestly, flipping this map could really address a number of persistent issues, and with a node in Heatsink it would balance things out since aliens could cap the node at the 'Falls Approach' end of Lava Falls without the need to worry about the power node.

I'd love to try it.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2050270:date=Dec 23 2012, 10:28 AM:name=Savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Savant @ Dec 23 2012, 10:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050270"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->After having had had a chance to play this revised map a number of times, I believe the best way to balance it is to flip the map and put a res node in Heatsink. Have marines start in Containment and aliens start in either Flow Control or Smelting (random). The travel time from flow control to smelting via transit won't impact aliens at all. Honestly, flipping this map could really address a number of persistent issues, and with a node in Heatsink it would balance things out since aliens could cap the node at the 'Falls Approach' end of Lava Falls without the need to worry about the power node.

I'd love to try it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hey i like one of your ideas!
  • ZeCruiserZeCruiser Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 167991Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2050270:date=Dec 23 2012, 05:28 PM:name=Savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Savant @ Dec 23 2012, 05:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050270"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->After having had had a chance to play this revised map a number of times, I believe the best way to balance it is to flip the map and put a res node in Heatsink. Have marines start in Containment and aliens start in either Flow Control or Smelting (random). The travel time from flow control to smelting via transit won't impact aliens at all. Honestly, flipping this map could really address a number of persistent issues, and with a node in Heatsink it would balance things out since aliens could cap the node at the 'Falls Approach' end of Lava Falls without the need to worry about the power node.

I'd love to try it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This sounds like a good idea. I'd certainly like to at least see it being tried.
  • ItAxItAx Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155046Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2048392:date=Dec 20 2012, 08:00 AM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Dec 20 2012, 08:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2048392"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, the Smelting lava buckets are really cool, but must they be noclip? Right now with them being so close to the ground it's very apparent that anybody can clip right through them. And as a Lerk I just fly straight through them for cover. If it's not possible to give them collision then I would suggest moving them higher up and covering them with something(glass, a metal cage, etc) so that players can't interact with them directly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+
    It was silly to see those barrels pushing through my clogs in smelting.