More effects on losing power

zeqzeq Join Date: 2012-02-14 Member: 145493Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I think it would be pretty cool if certain additional things happened when rooms lost power, such as the music in Onos Bar turning off and certain holograms such as the ones in Veil and Tram (I think). Maybe also make the various computers lights blink when the auxiliary power comes on. I believe most of this should be fairly quick and easy to implement, and would add to the immersion a lot.

Comments

• CsaeCsae Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172145Members
    +1 !

Tbh, a "E" toggable jukebox in bar would be super ######ing nice to have, it gets so annoying. As a marine i'd want to shoot the ######ing speakers out pronto.
  • MattmysterMattmyster Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175669Members
    I think this would be a great idea. Not just for the aesthetic of each map, but to add functional control to certain points of the map. Not all power nodes around maps powers res towers.

Creating and maintaining a power node in a room could keep doors open (or only allow marines though), close vents, only allow marines though, raise or lower bridges or walls.

Killing power could lock all doors (maybe open vents), cause environment disaster (coolant leak heats up room forcing evacuation).

Of course, getting the balance write for this will be tricky; do rooms start neutral (its a human outpost)? Do the aliens have to wait for the marines to build a power node in order to knock it off?

Don't get me wrong, the maps are fun to play. But try and make the maps look more natural, like an alien organism has really attacked an outpost of humanity. Not the death match maps we have now.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044587:date=Dec 12 2012, 01:59 PM:name=zeq)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zeq @ Dec 12 2012, 01:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044587"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think it would be pretty cool if certain additional things happened when rooms lost power, such as the music in Onos Bar turning off and certain holograms such as the ones in Veil and Tram (I think). Maybe also make the various computers lights blink when the auxiliary power comes on. I believe most of this should be fairly quick and easy to implement, and would add to the immersion a lot.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think I would +1 almost anything that would turn off the music in Onos bar.