A way to limit infestation?

-Mike--Mike- Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114420Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
<div class="IPBDescription">Limit spread to specific rooms</div>As the title says, is there a way to limit the spread of infestation to certain rooms? I have tried different things, such as encasing the room with the infestation, with a shell around it, but to no luck.
Shame there is no value on the hive you can modify.

Has anyone come up with a clever way of limiting the infestation to other rooms?

(and moving the rooms futher away from eachother is p. much out of the question at this stage.)

Comments

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    There's no way to do this, but I'm curious why you would want to?
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2043211:date=Dec 10 2012, 07:18 PM:name=SteveRock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveRock @ Dec 10 2012, 07:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043211"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's no way to do this, but I'm curious why you would want to?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I thought there was a cyst nobuild thing...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2043519:date=Dec 11 2012, 11:35 AM:name=Swiftspear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Dec 11 2012, 11:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2043519"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I thought there was a cyst nobuild thing...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    CommanderNoBuild group, I'm not sure if that also includes the Alien commander. Haven't really used it yet anyways... Also it stops the marine commander from dripping any structures, which is a bit limiting...
    Cysts can't seem to climb or decend elevation change beyond a certain range. You might be able to exploit that to achieve the effect you're wanting...
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    Well if cysts can't path, they can't build, so maybe seal all the entrances? Alternatively, put invisible walls with teleport triggers that warp players through them like they aren't even there.
  • -Mike--Mike- Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114420Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I meant the infestation originating from the hive it self, not cysts. It's a combat map so there will be no commander placing cysts.

The way I want to is limit the hives infestation to one room (the hive room) without spreading through walls and into surrounding rooms
    <!--quoteo(post=2044317:date=Dec 12 2012, 07:22 AM:name=-Mike-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Mike- @ Dec 12 2012, 07:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044317"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I meant the infestation originating from the hive it self, not cysts. It's a combat map so there will be no commander placing cysts.

The way I want to is limit the hives infestation to one room (the hive room) without spreading through walls and into surrounding rooms<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm not positive, but you may be able to get that effect by blocking the paths cysts would want to take to that area as well... I recall seeing infestation peaking through walls on several maps however, so it may just work the way it works and there's not really anything you can do about it.