Welder tweak?

RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Just a thought</div>Just throwing it out there, what do you guys think of the welder having a cool down?

It's just that when there are exos and marines welding them, all they do is sit behind the exo with the welder on all the time during battle, would be nice if they couldn't hold it down for that long.
Maybe the welder should have like 10-15 seconds of full weld time and then cool down for a few seconds.

Anyway just my thoughts :)

Comments

• l3lessedl3lessed Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71977Members
    My thought was to only allow one person to weld one object, other players included, at a time. At the same time, up the welding speed a little to compensate for the lack of being able to weld stack. I have a feeling NS1 players, who have come accustomed to welder stacking, are not going to agree though. For me, this system makes it far easier to balance welders and stop some of the ridiculous welder stacking scenarios. Nothing like a single Exo with 10 macs behind him harassing a whole team and hive.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ah yes also another good idea for the welders.
    Yup I agree the weld stacking is silly, if you look at it from the other side of the team with gorges and an onos, the gorges will run out of adren soon enough (even with adren) unless they are near shifts or crags, they can't really equal the power of weld stack! (not too mention if grenades land on the onos the gorges will explode)
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    A smart onos and gorge support have a shift/crag nest following them to keep their energy regen'ing.

A stupid onos and gorge support run off on their own thinking they're invincible....

Be nice for the welders to have a energy cost similar to JPs or something... maybe Exo's use it up faster than welding a building or something.
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2042721:date=Dec 9 2012, 10:00 PM:name=Daworm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daworm @ Dec 9 2012, 10:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2042721"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Be nice for the welders to have a energy cost similar to JPs or something... maybe Exo's use it up faster than welding a building or something.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    +1 That would make a lot of sense because don't actual welders use fuel like jetpacks?
    And of course the E-bar would have a different color to tell which is which.
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    Just means those crazy 2-3 double exo pushes end up costing the marines rather than being a rush the hive, kill it then clean up the room....
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I always thought it'd be interesting if all the models had "welding" outlines where you would have to "draw" the weld on pre-determined outlines on the object. This way it'd be less like "point in random place and hold button to magically heal" and more like actually...well...welding. Additionally welding a moving target would prove quite difficult. Just looks kind of silly seeing a train of marines running and welding an exo walking around all over the place. However, the idea would mean it'd take more concentration to actually weld anything....and we all know how much exos like to move around.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited December 2012
    To be honest, if they want to hump the exo, then let em. We don't need arbitrary restrictions on welders. The only thing I would like to see if a nerf to the welder cone/range.
  • TimariusTimarius Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171220Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2042870:date=Dec 10 2012, 03:36 AM:name=d0ped0g)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d0ped0g @ Dec 10 2012, 03:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2042870"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To be honest, if they want to hump the exo, then let em. We don't need arbitrary restrictions on welders. The only thing I would like to see if a nerf to the welder cone/range.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But how will I kill skulks from 3 feet away with the tiny flame of the welder then?

Although, I don't disagree with this.

I would support, begrudgingly, a nerf to its range and giving it an energy meter like the jetpack.

I love the welder when I play on the marines, but I hate it on aliens. Bile just doesn't counter the exo well enough when it's properly supported. Unless there are 3-4 Gorges... but then those Gorges have broken spit, and the marines clean them up, anyway.