Early Marine Play

2»

Comments

• grazrgrazr Join Date: 2012-10-12 Member: 162195Members
    edited December 2012
    Actually, not starting the game until both teams have picked a comm seems like a pretty simple and implementable idea and would pretty much address most of these issues. It gives all the players, particularly marines, plenty of time to get an idea of what each player wants from the game. The ready room isn't enough.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040234:date=Dec 5 2012, 05:01 AM:name=GORGEous)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GORGEous @ Dec 5 2012, 05:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040234"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm looking at the NS2STATS.org site. The graph you're referring to is bugged, I think. If you look at the "Wins By Round Length" then the far left corner says "-5 - 0 minutes" which is obviously a mistake. The second bar says "0-5 minutes." I'm assuming the left bar is an aggregate of games where it bugged out the round length for some reason. I don't think aliens truly win 100% of games that end in <5 minutes.

In the column labeled "0-5 minute games" you see marines with a winrate of 61%.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    -5 to 0 minutes is probably actually "-1", which in magic gamecode usually means 'infinite' or 'undefined'. In other words, they're getting victory data from rounds that don't even have the timer initialized yet, which tells me it's from maps ending while people are in the readyroom, or maybe a consequence of Explore Mode. Maybe whenever a map change occurs it wrongly reports an alien win.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    But the gameplay is fun!
  • unkindunkind Join Date: 2012-02-04 Member: 143563Members